7- Left

Apparently they found him two days ago, just barely alive. Doctors say that, due to damage, it caused him great pain to simply keep living. Shrapnel from the blast was embedded in almost every part of his body, and his right leg was broken beyond repair. Despite everything he had done, he was admitted to the hospital, as "no life is worth wasting". And I'm glad they did, too. 

I'm in the hospital right by his side, thinking. Why did we have to fight? Does everything have to end with bitterness? I bury my face in my hands, regretting everything bitter I'd ever said to him. I regretted trying to save him when I was fourteen. If I had known he'd be in this much pain, I would have let him go. He's miserable. 

I lightly touch his hand, careful not to inflict any pain. He chuckles softly, sounding like all joy has been extracted from life. 

"August... listen to me. I was wrong to try and fix things. It's just the way it is. Your world is far from perfection, but at least, thanks to you... mine was perfect for a while." I choke back a sob. He'd want me to be strong, I can't cry in front of him. 

"Hey... I hate to see you like this. Learn to smile more, all right? Because I love you. And I never want to see you cry. Heh... Remember to be happy." I let go of his hand, and it fell limply to his side. He's gone. 

Professor Augustine Sycamore grieved the loss of his loved for many years, unable to let go. He constantly wears the red-striped coat that belonged to Lysandre himself. He's never seen without it. The departure of his lover left him a broken man, unable to love anyone else again. He was left shattered. 

-End-