3- Realization

Eight days, three hours, and twelve minutes until launch. 

Since two weeks ago, my brother Calem and I have encountered at least twelve Flare grunts. They keep on saying, "Boss is going to make you pay for this", but I have never encountered anyone with the title of a Team Flare Boss. Professor says to just keep on going with my journey, don't mind them. They're just more exp... I still have a long way to go. 

***

I had been pacing around my room most of the day. Those two pesky little trainers.. I've got to do something about them. If they keep on distracting the others, we'll never get anywhere in this project. Yvonne, the girl, chose Chespin. Calem, the boy, chose Froakie. Both of them are eerily quiet; they almost never speak. And when they do, they don't speak for long. Peculiar children. They remind me of myself. 

At about one in the afternoon, I come downstains only to find what? A Poochyena gnawing on the leg of the table.

"No no no, August is having guests over! Get off!"  I drag it away from the table and drop the mongrel outside. Bit me in a few places, but other than that everything turned out fine. An everyday annoyance like this could turn into some sort of problem. (AHEM trainers) 

It kept howling at the door for what seemed like hours and hours on end while I tried to block out the sound. You all had a dog Pokémon at one point, I know you did, so you know how this is. I felt like I was about to go insane and murder everybody in the room (except August, of course) before he interrupted his little tour and let that mangy mutt inside. 

"Ah. This little mutt," he patted the Poochyena's head. "He likes to be annoying. He's either chewing on things he's not supposed to, or he's annoying people! Especially Lion over there." I sarcastically muttered, "Rawr." The room rawred with laughter. Ah... ah............. I hate my life. 

The next day, I got up as usual and headed to work. That was the day that the energy draining process would start. We would hook up the machine to Yveltal's "cocoon", and start charging the weapon. The first three tests had failed, but the fourth prevailed. It should be expected that the weapon will be fully charged by the time of launch, unless the Legendary Pokémon is somehow detached from the machine. Xerosic told me it is impossible unless someone were to catch it. 

I made my way home late, as it had taken almost all day to get the project fixed. I was far from exhausted, which was nice for once. August likes to see me with a bit of... pep, let's say. That will definitely cheer him up (if he's had a day less than decent). 

I open the door and step inside, excited to see August. Everything is quiet. Litleo, who is usually rather loud, sat silent in front of the doorway. He meowed only once, and got up to move. I eventually saw August standing as silently as Litleo in front of the window. What is going on with him? 

"Lysandre. Come here." I was startled by his voice, suddenly loud and somewhat emotionless. I warily approached him, a bad feeling starting to announce its presence. I get rather close until he suddenly whirls around to face me. Before I can run away he grabs my scarf and tugs it, pulling me down to his level. 

"What Is Project Y and what does it have to do with Yveltal?" It felt as if I were stabbed by a thousand blades. There was venom in his voice, with so much toxicity I was scared. My worst fears had come true. He finally knew.