Remember Me [Angelica x Reader]

FINALLY A CHAPTER WHERE IT IS NOT A MODERN DAY AU YAY. - Author-san

***

3rd Person
Hamiltime

  First Memory:

   "Hey Angie! Wait up! You know that I can't run that fast in corsets!" The young (Y/N) says as she was running to catch a young Angelica.

     "I really want to slow down and make you catch up with me, I really do but..." She says slowing down, making you catch up with her, but as you got closer, she ran again while shouting to you in response.

     "What's the fun if I'm gonna let you catch me?" You groaned and sat in a nearby chair in their house.

Angelica giggled as she tried to tickle your sides from behind. You made a weird sound as she surprised you when she touched your delicate sides. She was the only one who knew your weakest spots when being tickled. She continued to tickle you as your mother called you, making a sign that you two must go home. You groaned as you went to her.

      "I'll see you tomorrow, Angie!" You said as you waved goodbye. She waved back and mouthed 'see you'.

Second Memory:

     "I can't wait to get married!" A fifteen year old Eliza said while the three of you groaned. Angelica hated the thought of being in a arranged marriage and courtship, especially with men that she didn't like. You agreed with Angelica. You still wanted to be with someone different who could make you happy. Someone who you were always with ever since you were young, someone who knows what you like, and someone who respects your opinions. Someone like.... Angelica!

But knowing that when you grow up, Angelica will fall for someone else and so will you.

Third Memory:

     "Daddy said to be home by sundown."

     "Daddy doesn't need to know."

You were dragged by Angelica to go downtown and see the revolution happening in New York. You had to agree with Peggy for once when she said that you all should not go downtown. As the youngest among your siblings, you were the most important to them and made you top priority. You feared for the scoldings of your parents, but who wouldn't go to the greatest city in the world?

As you loitered around, a man named Aaron Burr went near Angelica. You couldn't help but laugh as he tried to flirt with Angelica. After hearing another response from Burr, Angelica decided to speak:

     "I've been reading 'Common Sense' by Thomas Paine, so men say that I'm intense or I'm insane. You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration:"

You decided to join the sisters as they spoke a small verse.

     "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

     "And when I meet Thomas Jefferson, Imma compel him to include women in the sequel!" Then all of you responded 'work!'.

Fourth Memory:

     "You strike me, as woman who's never been satisfied"

     "I'm sure I don't know what you mean, you forget yourself."

Those were the last words you heard when Angelica was talking to a man named Alexander Hamilton. You had a feeling that she was falling for him. You couldn't let it happen, but you can't do anything either.

After a few minutes, you could see Angelica was dragging Hamilton across the ballroom. You didn't know what happened after that, but the inner torture of seeing her with someone else made your heart drop.

So you decided to seperate yourself from the people and went to the balcony.

     "(Y/N)? Oh my God, what are you doing here? I was looking for- wait, are you crying?" She said as she noticed a stream of tears flowing from your face. You tried to wipe them but Angie stopped you.

     "You love him, don't you?" Angie gave a confused expression before realizing who 'him' was.

     "Alexander?" She said as you nodded. She laughed as she gently put your hands down.

     "No, no. He belongs to Eliza. And you belong to me." Your eyes widened and before you could speak, you could feel her lips on yours.

Fifth Memory:

     "Angelica! What brings you here?" You said, not noticing her saddened expression.

     "(Y/N), I must talk to you about something." You cocked an eyebrow as you said 'sure'.

She breathes in and started speaking:

     "I am sailing off to London. I'm accompanied by someone who always pays." Your eyes teared up as you heard this.

     "My father has found me a wealthy husband who will keep me in comfort for all my days. He is not a lot of fun, but there is no one to match you, for turn of phrase."

     "My dear (Y/N),"

     "Angelica." You said while hugging her.

     "Don't forget to write."

Present Day:

     "(Y/N)! I came as soon as I heard!" You could hear Angelica shout as you were lying in your deathbed.

Looks like that you can't live that much longer. Who knew that you and their younger sister, Peggy, would have the same sickness?

    "Angelica?" You could see Angelica as she was crying when she went near you.

    "You came back." 

    "Of course I did."

    "I know I wouldn't live much longer, so please-"

    "No, please! Be strong for me please!"

    "Remember me."

Those were the last words you said to her before you closed your eyes forever.