Chapter 12: my best friend.

I hurried down the old creaky stairs, heading for the front door. Alex had given me 10 minutes to change and get ready, which wasn't so nice of him, but David had very sweetly gone to a shop and got me a selection of clothing I would fit in properly, that weren't old or ripped, or covered in blood. I felt 10 times better and refreshed in my new black skinny jeans and simple pink strap top, and my white trainers. There was still one thing playing on my mind though, the conversation Alex had with me the other night, about our feelings. Id had a good night sleep and realised I was stupid, of course he didn't like me why would he, but it was ok. I may slightly have liked him, but I would keep my feelings hidden and get out with the rest of our trip. 

As I got near the door I hear Alex and David laughing, which was great! They seemed to be working out their differences and getting on, hopefully Alex would learn to forgive himself for what happened with his mother, maybe then he would stop being a moody twat all the time, but until then I would just grit my teeth and bare it. 

"What you laughing about..." I asked with a smile as I walked through the front door. Both were standing leaning against a car, facing the house. They also both went completely silent when I walked through the door. I stood there for a moment not quite knowing what to do, as they both acted like typical men and started checking me out, well at least I knew there minds worked in similar ways now. "Umm...what?" I asked feeling self conscious. David seemed to snap out of his daze and smiled. "Wow...you look smoking hot..." He said. I blushed and laughed. I carefully walked down the steps, towards them. They were both still eyeing me up and down. "Jeez guys, close your mouths, your drooling all over me!" I moaned at them. Alex seemed to come out of his daze too and quickly took the keys out of Davids hands. "Ill drive..." He told us as he walked round to the drivers side.

David didn't look bothered at all, he just smiled at me. "Yah yah...sure...ill keep Amelia company in the back..." He said as he gave me a wink. I giggled and walked towards the car. "No no..." David said as he stopped me from grabbing the door handle. "...Please...let me..." He said as he opened the door for me. I laughed again. "you loser..." I heard Alex say as He rolled his eyes. "Ladies first..." David told me as he held the door opened for me. I slid in the car right next to the other door and David got in after me, closing the door behind him. Alex was already settled into his seat, and doing his belt up, and I turned to do mine as well. "What, there's nothing wrong with being a gentleman..." David said as he reached for his seat belt. "Yah but your only doing it because you want to get in her pants..." Alex said as he started the car. I blushed a deep shade of red. "SHE has a name....and eww Alex..." I said embarrassed. Alex and David laughed. "Sorry...but its true..." Alex said. "And what of it...shes a hot single lady, im a hot single man, it could happen...what do you say Amelia...fancy making some babies?" David asked as he winked at me. I burst out in laughter. "Yah...in your dreams" I told David. "David stop..." Alex said with a sigh. "What are you saying you wouldn't?" David asked with a cheeky smile. "No of course not...now that's enough..." Alex said firmly. Something inside me hurt at his words, but I wouldn't let it get me down. Just because he didn't want me didn't mean every man didn't want me, David for example was a very attractive man and he was defiantly into me. And if Alex wasn't interested then he would have no problems if I went somewhere else. 

"So David...what have you been up to all these years?" I asked turning my body so I could face him. He smile. "Nothing really...little bit of this...little bit of that, keeping myself occupied and what not" David told me with a smile. "Oh...so did you meet a woman and settle down or anything?" I asked "Nope...didn't find the right one...but you could be the right one if you want" David asked me with a laugh. I giggled. "I bet you've been lonely..." I said as I placed my hand on his knee for comfort. David looked shocked down at my hand and smiled at me. "Yah...just a bit..." He said playing along with the game. We came to a sudden stop and I went flying forward. "OWW!" I shouted as I moved back onto the seat properly. "That's probably gonna cause bruising..." I said looking down at my stomach where the seat belt had dug in, surely enough the beginning of a bruise was forming, in the shape of a seat belt. "Sorry...there was a....deer..." Alex told us. "Yah...sure...dear..." David repeated after him. "Just give us a bit more warning next time.." I moaned at Alex. "Yah...sure..." Alex said and he started the car again. I rolled my eyes and got comfortable again.