Café(request)

Requested by aliyah2162 I hope this is okay.

I sighed as I placed down the mug, checking my phone for the emails that had been sent in the last half hour, I replied to a few before hearing someone clear their throat. I looked up, to find him, my heart instantly gaining speed. He still looked the same though his hair was shorter than before.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I wanted to meet you. I know this is your favourite cafe." He replied, sitting down on the chair across from me. I sighed as I watched him lean closer. His green eyes, made me remember everything. I tried to forget those years. The years I had fell in love with him and those eyes through the screen.

"I missed you, you know." He finally said, breaking the silence. I looked up to him, giving him a small smile.

"Yeah, well, that was two years ago Harry."

"I know. I just thought you'd be more open to seeing me." I didn't know how he could have thought that. How you two had left it was tough. A relationship that is only through phones is difficult. Way more difficult than either of you had imagined. The late night calls you two had shared, had made you fall for him. But good things had to come to an end. That's what you told yourself when eventually the conversations stopped.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"I've been okay Harry? How's your music going?" His music, the reason the two of you had stopped. The reason you had your heart broken. He raised an eyebrow before nodding,

"Yeah, it's going great actually."

"I'm happy for you." I said, and I was happy for him, I knew what he was like with his music.

"Why are you being so cold?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because I didn't want to meet you in the first place Harry!" He instantly looked down, his eyes growing more sad.

"You used to love me."

"Used to being the key, Harry."

"Y/N, I know you can still love me."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because I know that when you saw me your heart sped up." I sighed, even now he still knew me incredibly well. But, I couldn't open my heart again.

"So what Harry? Doesn't mean anything. Now, please, leave me alone, I need to work." I took out my laptop to start writing files. A few minutes later I noticed Harry hadn't left.

"Harry." I warned.

"Y/N. I'm not leaving."

"What will it take for you to leave me alone just now?"

"A date." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's asking a lot considering." I didn't know if I could let him in again. Was I ready?

"I know. You used to love me yes?"

"Yes, Harry. You know I did."

"Then go on a date with me."

"It's not that easy." I tried to persuade him. What would happen if I did and I fell for him all over again, just for history to repeat itself?

"Why not?"

"Because, it just isn't."

"You're making excuse Y/N. Please, if you don't feel anything after the date then fine, I'll leave you alone. But, please, just one." He gave me his signature smile. The one that let him get away with anything.

I sighed.

"Fine Harry. But just one date okay?" He grinned, nodding.

"Just one, until you find that you still have feelings."