Ch.15 Mallow and the Lush Jungle!

Serena and Kiawe continued their trek to the Lush Jungle in silence.

They went through a tunnel and now they were following a winding path.

"Why'd you come to Alola?" Kiawe asked, breaking the comfortable silence and taking Serena out of her mind and back into reality.

She looked at him and smiled. "Well I'm from Kalos and so Professor Sycamore told me about this region and asked me if I wanted to come and visit and so here I am. He wants me to catch him a Pokemon from here so I can't forget to do that!" She chuckled and looked around at her surroundings.

There was a small, what looked to be a mobile home, on the right of them, near the edge of a cliff.

A man with blonde hair and a long blue piece of hair around the blonde, came out of the small building holding what looked to be a fossil.

Serena looked away and giggled as she realized how calm the island is, but then she thought back to what happened earlier in the morning and she frowned.

I hope Professor Burnet is ok...

She shook her head toRatathee thoughts out and she replaced her frown with a fake smile and thought about how close she was to Paniola Town. How close her friends were.

Finally, in the distance not to far ahead of them, Serena saw the motel and she got excited.

Kiawe smiled and pointed to a really grassy and bushy area that was well covered with trees and such.

"Thats the entrance to the jungle!" He exclaimed and sighed.

The wind began to blow and it was getting stronger and stronger quickly.

Serena blushed and held her dress and hat down. Then a delicious smell filled the air and she looked at Kiawe and giggled.

"I'm assuming Mallow is cooking like you said she normally does?" She asked and Kiawe nodded as he grabbed her hand rushed into the jungle.

Serena noticed that it wasn't windy in the jungle and she looked at the happy boy in front of her questioningly.

"Why isn't it windy in here?" She asked causing Kiawe to laugh and drop her hand and look at her.

"This jungle is so thick with trees, bushes, and small caves and a lot of grass, that you can't feel the wind in here." He said simply.

Serena looked around in aw as she thought about what he said and she smiled.

"Thats amazing!" She mumbled as she continued to follow him through the tall grass.

Small flowers were all round them in bright colors and in a small cave, there was what looked like a Rattata, but it looked different then the ones she remembered seeing back in Hoenn.

Kiawe followed her gave and laughed at her confused but amazed look on her face.

"Thats an Alolan Rattata! We have a few Pokemon here with what we call, "Alola Forms" that means they look different here then in other regions. Its because of the climate here in Alola and I think because of something else, I don't quite remember." He said with a slight blush on his face.

Serena nodded and watched as the Rattata dashed off with a berry in its mouth and she chuckled.

The further they went, the stronger the delicious smell got.

Soon a green haired girl came into view and she was bent over a pot over a a small fire with a few Pokemon around her.

"Mallow!" Kiawe called as he ran up to the girl who turned around as her name was called out.

Kiawe hugged her and she smiled and laughed. "Kiawe! I knew you'd come! Are you missing something by any chance?' Mallow said as she giggled and winked.

Thats when a Pokemon came rushing out of the bushes towards Kiawe and he smiled and hugged the Pokemon.

"Marowak, there you are! I've missed you!' He said and Mallow laughed as she watched the two hug.

Serena looked at Kiawes Marowak in aw as she realized it looked much different than the Marowaks she's seen before.

"Alola! I'm Mallow! I'm one out of three of the Trial Captains here on Akala Island!" Said the green haired girl with a bright smile as she introduced herself to Serena.

Serena smiled and waved at Mallow, "Alola! I'm Serena from Kalos! Nice to meet you Mallow!" She said happily.

"Kalos huh? Thats quite a distance if you ask me! Well, I'm glad you came to Alola, Serena!" Mallow said cheerfully.

Serena smiled and then looked at Kiawe and his Marowak and laughed as she watched them grab a bowl and and used the spoon in the pot and poured the delicious smelling food into their bowls.

Mallow looked at Kiawe as he placed Marowaks bowl on the ground and then she laughed as they both began to eat what Serena finally realized was soup.

"You couldn't even wait for me to tell you if you could eat some?" Mallow giggled as she walked over to the pot and bent down and grabbed two bowls. "Come over here Serena! Don't worry, my Pokemon and I don't bite." She said as she winked and gestured for her to go over.

Serena walked over to Mallow and looked down at one of her Pokemon and giggled. It sort of looked like a berry and it was bouncing around Kiawe happily.

"Thats my Bounsweet! She helps me out a lot with the assistance of my other Pokemon, Lurantis, who's looking for berries right now!" She said with a big smile on her face.

Serena giggled and nodded. "Well Bounsweet is such a cutie!" Mallow blushed at Serenas compliment towards her Pokemon and giggled and handed the brunette a bowl.

Serena took the bowl, excited to try the delicious smelling soup. Mallow poured some in her bowl then in Serenas bowl and quickly sat down next to Kiawe who was nearly finished with his bowl.

Serena sat beside Mallow and looked down at the soup and slowly tried it. She gasped and looked at Mallow and grinned. "This is amazing!" She praised and continued to eat happily.

Soon Serena, Mallow, Kiawe, and his Marowak, were finished with their own serving of soup and they all groaned as they knew they were full.

"Serena, I know you said you were coming down this way for something so you can go on your own way now if you'd like. Thank you for helping me find Marowak." Kiawe said as he glanced at Serena and then glanced at his partner sleeping beside Bounsweet.

"I think I'm going to stay here for the rest of the day and head back up to Wela Volcano tomorrow. Well that is if you're ok with that Mallow?" He asked and Mallow nodded and smiled. "Of course thats ok with me! You should know by now, that I love having my friends over!" She stated with a giggle which caused Kiawe to blush and smile.

Serena stood up and hugged them both and thanked Mallow for the soup and waved goodbye to them as she walked away back into the deep thick jungle. Hoping she could find her way back.