Ch.6 Tapu What?

Serena hurried her way through the cave and all its passage ways, following the voices that called out to her.

Serena stopped and smiled as she could finally make out what the voices were saying and she could tell who was saying what.

"Serena! Can you hear us?!" Serena giggled as she heard Kukui yell out to her.

"Yeah I can understand y'all now. I could hear you guys before , but I couldn't tell who was who and what y'all were saying."

Serana kept following their voices and soon she saw the big boulder and and the sandy ground outside of this cave and she ran out to the boulder and smiled.

"Finally! I'm out of there!" Serena yelled and sighed in relief.

She climbed over the boulder and landed on the other side in front of the trio and she smiled and waved.

Kukui hugged her tightly and let go quickly and smiled.

"Glad to have you back! What happened?"

Serena blushed and looked at the ground and scratched her neck nervously.

"Wellnum I kind of was getting tired and sort of bored while following you so I wasn't paying attention and when I looked back up, you were gone and I didn't know if you went up through the left path or down the right path so I just chose the right and there's a house so I knocked but no answer. I was going to go back but this little area called my attention and here we are."

Serena looked back up and blushed more as the older white haired man held his round stomach and laughed.

"Well I guess I should've listened to Professor Sycamore, he warned me you were a curious one." Kukui grinned and laughed with the with the other man.

The girl stayed quiet and looked away at the ocean. Serena took note that she must be really shy around strangers.

When the two men finally stopped laughing, the professor looked at the other man and then at Serena.

"Serena! This is the islands Kahuna! Kahuna Hala! He was the important person we were going to go see! Wait. You do know what a Kahuna is right?"

Serena's mind flew back to the airplane and her conversation with Cynthia and she smiled and nodded.

"Yeah I know what a Kahuna is! A good friend of mine told me all about them and The Island Challenge and Trial Captains!" She grinned proudly at her knowledge so far of the region.

"Haha! Its good to meet you young one! Welcome to the island!" The Kahuna stated with a hearty chuckle.

The blonde girl looked at Serena, and Serena smiled at her but she looked away quickly.

The professor noticed the girls and he smiled awkwardly and gestured to the blonde.

"This here is my assistant, Lillie! Don't mind her though, she's just shy around people."

Lille looked at the professor and huffed with a slight blush covering her cheeks.

Serena smiled kindly and waved at her. "Hi! I'm Serena, as you probably already know by now heh. Nice to meet you!"

Lillie looked at Serena smiled slightly and looked at her feet.

"H-hi. I'm Lillie as you um heh already know. N-nice to meet y-you Serena." The girl blushed more and looked up slightly and then turned away.

Aww, I hope she'll open up and talk to me more soon! She seems so nice!

Serena smiled at her thought but she was drawn out of her mind as she saw that they were beginning to walk back up to where she first got lost at.