Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely

Start from the beginning

Once fourth period was finished, I rushed out of class not wanting to run into Parker who was in my class. It crushed me to ignore the friends I came familiar to for the past months. I couldn't tell them anything. I tried texting them while I was in the library, however their numbers were wiped off of my phone and I couldn't talk to them face to face. My twitter's password has changed and something has caused it so that I couldn't make another account. I knew Harrison has been strict on his rules especially since today I saw older men who have been staring me down whenever I was near the boys and their lockers when I tried to sneak a note so they knew what was going on. I knew immediately that they were Harrison's men.

As I left the classroom, I heard someone call my name which made me stop and turn around, "Teddy! Wait up." Parker yelled. My eyes widened as I quickly turned around. I ran again, which made my already aching feet ache even more.

Damn these shoes.

"Teddy! Slow down."

I stopped in my place, "Please just. Stop." I said cutting him off as I turned around, "Parker please, just leave me alone." His smile immediately left his face when he saw me. His once happy smile turned into a confused one. His eyes wondered down to my hands.

His eyes widened in shock, "What happened to your hand?" Parker asked, grabbing my bandaged hands, examining them, making wince.

"Nothing." I answered. They were still fresh and were bleeding still this morning. As Parker examined my hand, I noticed how a man was looking at us with a threatening look, which made me withdraw my hand. I knew it was one of Harrison's men.

I had to get out of here, and soon.

Parker gave me a confused look however didn't question my sudden action and continued to smile, "Where have you been?" He asked, "I didn't get that call for help the other day to help you clean the house. What happened?"

"I decided to stay at my friend Mikey's house for the coming weeks." I lied, "I'll clean up the mess up later."

He must've seen through me because Parker's eyebrows scrunched up, "You're lying." He whispered, looking around, "What's happening?"

"Nothing Parker." I insisted, taking a step back, trying to exit the conversation, however just bumped into the wall, trapping myself.

Parker moved closer and his eyes turned dark with anger and filled with confusion, "You're lying to me." He said, his voice raising a little, "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Just leave me alone, okay?" I said, looking under his arm and noticing that there was a small crowd forming around us.

"No, I won't." He insisted, lowly, "Unless you tell me what's happening."

I closed my eyes, "Drop it Parker."

"No I won't 'drop it.' Tell me what's going on." He said. His voice was sounding strained, as if he was holding something back to not make him snap.

"I swear, you never know when to drop the subject. When I say leave it, leave it. God damn it, Lynn." I snapped. He was taken aback by my sudden outburst as he stared at me with wide eyes, "This is probably one of the reasons why your parents weren't careful in that accident. You can't let go." I muttered, making sure I was loud enough for only the two of us to hear. I did not want to look him in the eyes knowing I had hit a huge nerve in him.

I had to do this.

I kept repeating this in my head as I escaped from his arm barrier that was now weak due to my words and as I walked away from him. I felt horrible, but I knew I had to do it. I couldn't get them hurt any longer. I can't live without feeling that weight on my back knowing I am the cause of so many bad things. This'll just add to the pain and guilt I have been given.