"Perrie," Eliza called, stopping me in my tracks. "It's nice to see you happy again."

"I suppose the wind changed this weekend," I said.

"Word of advice. Don't waste time waiting for the wind to change in the future." I arched an eyebrow at her.

"Okay, lecture over. Get to work already."

I grinned at her. "Whatever you say, boss and tell Alycia I said hi."

"Will do."

Returning to my desk, I discovered a single red rose waiting for me. Snatching up the accompanying note, I ran my fingers over Jade's seal. Popping it open, I drew out the card and read:

My beautiful girl,

A single rose. Elegance and pain twisted into something beautiful. It reminded me of us.
A day will come when your entire job is to stay in bed with me all day. Until then I want to make certain you know that I'm thinking of you.
See you tonight,

Jade x

Desire tightened across my belly as my body recalled the exquisite torture I'd experienced at Jade's hands this weekend. She'd taken my request to explore into consideration, slowly introducing me to her more demanding tastes. Setting down the note, and slid open my desk drawer where it would be safe from prying eyes. I'd barely opened this drawer in months, avoiding the other notes from her that I'd filed away before things had ended between us. Now I was delighted to add to the stack, except the notes weren't there. Frowning, I rummaged through the drawers contents. I must have taken them home. It was better that way. We were starting fresh. I'd have plenty more notes to secret away soon.

An hour later, I'd worked through half of the paper work with Jade's note tucked safely in my desk. Every once in a while I'd open the drawer and run a finger over the broken wax seal, fantasising about what tonight held for me. It gave me an idea, and a quick Internet search proved you really could get anything in London. I stopped by Eliza's office on my way out. "I'm going to run an errand and grab some lunch. Want anything?"

"Actually, I have plans with Alycia." Eliza ran a hand through her blonde hair nervously. "Are my clothes okay?"
I nodded, wondering what had my boss so anxious. I mean her and Alycia have been married for a little while now but I think it's adorable how Eliza's nervous about a lunch date with her wife.I mused as I made my way toward the lift.

"Lunch Wednesday?" Maggie asked as we passed each other in the hall way.

"Sure." I smiled at her.

"Perfect! No break for me today." Her eyes darted to the pile of paperwork she was carrying to Eliza's office.

"I can grab you something," I offered.

She shook her head. "I'll be fine."

As I stepped out of the building, a black Rolls Royce immediately pulled up to the curb.

Lauren appeared at the other side and opened the back passenger door. I wasn't surprised to see her, but I wasn't happy about it either. If Jade thought our new living arrangement included following my every move, She had another thing coming.

"No, thank you." I shook my head and pointed down the street. "I'm only going down the block to grab a few things."

"The Princess insists," Lauren said, crossing her arms over her chest. "And I refuse," I informed her. "You may tell Jade that."

Lauren didn't press the matter. In fact, her face belied no reaction whatsoever. She simply returned to the driver's side. No doubt she would follow me. I couldn't blame her. Lauren been given orders, which meant I'd have to deal with her employer directly if I didn't want a constant shadow.