Unwanted To Loved Ch. 24

Ruby's P.O.V.

I woke up later on and looked around the bedroom trying to see if Matt was here but he wasn't. I got up then and decided to head towards the office and I could hear two males talking. I knock on the door and I hear Matt say to enter. I don't think he knew that it was me so I open the door and stick my head out. 

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Yeah, come here babe." Matt says.

I walk in and close the door. I see Matt motioning for me to come over so I do, and he pulls me gently onto his lap.

He kisses my cheek. "Did you have a good nap?" He asks.

I nod my head. I noticed that Daniel was smiling at me and then he stands up.

"Can I talk to Ruby alone?" Daniel asks.

"Why?" Matt questions.

"Please." Daniel begs.

I stand up off of Matt's lap and then I turn to look at him. "I'll be fine." I say. 

I follow Daniel out the door.

"Let's head outside, shall we?" He asks.

I followed him outside.

"I bet your confused as to why I asked to talk to you out here." He asks.

I nod my head. "Yeah I am." I tell him.

"Before my mate and I and Brian's parents went out for vacation; I knew Matt had a bad temper and he would yell at the pack for no reason." He says.

"I know. A few of the pack members told me that." I tell him.

"And when I saw him with you I was happy because I knew that you had changed him. And it was confirmed when you came into the office...I saw how happy he looked to see you. You have changed him for the better...he is no longer the heartless son that I thought he was; instead he has a heart and I know that he has given it to you." Daniel says.

"Wow...I'm shocked at your words but also I feel honored to hear that from you so thank you." I tell him.

"Your greatly welcome. We should head back inside now before Matt gets worried." He says.

I nod and follow him back inside. Daniel led the way back to the office and we went inside. Matt quickly got up and he pulled me gently towards him for a hug. I hugged him back. After the hug, the three of us sat down again.  

"Okay so Ruby, I don't want you going anywhere alone. If you want to go out, make sure you have guards with you. Alright?" Matt says.

"I promise I will." I tell him.

"Alright so I think this meeting is done for now...don't you agree Matt?" Daniel says.

"Yeah I agree. And besides...I want to spend some alone time with Ruby." Matt says.

"Alright well, I'll leave you two alone." Daniel says getting up.

He walks over to the door and opens it. He walks through the doorway but before he walks out into the hallway, he turns around and gives me a smile. After that smile he walks out into the hallway and closes the door. I tilt my head up at Matt and see that he's looking down at me. 

"So what do you want to do?" He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "Go out for a run?" I question.

"Sure...whatever you want. I'll get some guys to come with us though." Matt tells me.