Visiting

Hey guys! This is my first book attempt to actually be put on Wattpad. I hope you guys enjoy.
Btw I know I will have mistakes in my writing so I will try to edit when I have time.
The first chapter is introducing the parents. I always read books were the parents are briefly covered, but I want a little foundation on who Iris's parents are.

VOTE PLEASE!!!!

Thank you x Adaline
------------------------------------------------------

Pulling up to the house I grip the steering wheel nervously. Truly I don't know why I'm so nervous. If anything, perhaps it's the thought of being in a new environment. I'm used to the suburban life style not the secluded tree infested setting that is holding my view. In this moment, I feel so out of place.

I haven't seen the house my parent bought for the last two years. When there was ever a break in college I would simply meet up with them wherever which was usually out of the country dealing with my father's business.

Sitting in the car I observe outside the window, becoming surprised to see how alluring the surrounding forest was. Looking up I saw that sky was clear with no clouds in view and the sun shined through harshly between the leaves that covered the trees.

Opening my door, I can feel my body soaking in the sun as I sat there staring at the trees. It was as if this green infectious had a grip around me keeping me bound, fixated. With the sun engulfing everything in its sight and a little wind to knock off any real threat of heat it made the weather near damn perfect.

Putting the car keys in my jean shorts, I get out the car. I walk sluggishly to the front door taking in every inch of the house.
It was a nice modern house, simple and plain. The duel brown house blended in with its surroundings, but the structure made it stick out like a sore thumb.

Getting to the front door and glancing to my left, there sitting was our rocking chairs with my family's names engraved. It made me grin knowing I made a good decision to come to the house.

I did miss my family despite things being different; it was nice to know at least they had each other. No matter what, family was the closest thing anyone can have. And I simply loved them.

Ringing the doorbell, I waited awkwardly for someone to answer.

My mother came, opening the door quickly in excitement. She sighed in relief and leaned in hugging me. "It took you long enough. You had me worried sick," and going on how as a daughter I should not worry my parents and phones were invented to communicate especially if the flight was delayed.

I stared at her intensely as she spoke taking note of a few new wrinkles.

My mother- Louise- looks were nothing like mines. Mom had blonde hair, cut at her shoulders. A tall and intimidating women at first glance. Her cheeks covered in freckles and honey light eyes to match her friendly personality.

Louise was so pale, getting easily burnt in the sun. My mother always had sunscreen with her in her purse or anywhere near her. I notice there are new wrinkles by her eyes and the old ones were getting deeper.

"I'm sorry. You're right I should be more responsible but I got distracted driving here. It's so lovely." I responded quickly. In return my mother smiled as we continued to walk into the house. "Oh, also thank you for leaving my car in the airport parking lot it made me happy to figure out my way around, " mom just waved her hand off in the air, a simple gesture to forget about it 'it was no biggie.'

The inside of the house was as simple as the outside. I knew my mom hired an interior designer, it was too clean and perfect. Another distraction and I couldn't blame my mother for it.

Light blues and whites were the theme colors. That would have never worked five years ago, the thought let alone made me chuckle. There would had definitely been stains.

Following my mother, we entered my father's office. My dad looked up, shocked to see me there. He knew I was coming, but he must had thought I changed my mind opting to meet up with them in two days in London.

"Well booger I'm shocked I thought you were going to call changing your mind," he stated, laughing after.

My father -Ryan- was a tall and lanky man. Light brown hair covered his head or what was left, now grey was the dominating color. He was slightly tan still from the trip they took about a month ago. He had a belly now from old age and all those late-night wince glasses.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Well it's good to see you too dad," shrugging my shoulders at him.

"I'm glad you came," he stated kindly. Getting up from his large white oak desk he gave me a hug, once releasing me he spoke again, "come on booger lets go eat. Your mother made a mean meatloaf that should be about ready."

Helping my mother unload the oven and set the table. I thought about how they were getting older and that thought alone put a damper in my mood.

Once sitting down and saying grace we began to eat. The food was quite good.

Over dinner they discussed the town. It was a small town, but over the last ten years it has expanded quite a bit. People were seeing the potential of a quiet life and a loving environment. It was beautiful.

The town was founded by a man named James Knott, a man who sailed over from Britain to find a new beginning for his family and him. He was an honorable man, when this land was used for Native American he coexisted with them peacefully. He earned their trust and bought their land over time. A sweet story my dad told happily, grinning ear to ear.

However, I didn't believe it. It was too nice.