Seventeen

I looked at myself in the mirror. A wore a white dress with gold swirl, representing the winds of change, with shoes and an ice blue cape to match. "You're going to look beautiful tomorrow." My mother smiled, I jumped as she touched my arm.
"I wish I had Noah..." I murmured. My mother hugged me.
"He will return one day. We all know it." She soothed. Although my heart agreed, my head warned me how it may never happen. By now, there had only been one sighting, by Blake and I. "Yeah..." I agreed half-heartedly.

After changing back, I went to the gym. All the  males kept thier distance, which was highly unusual. The odd female made a quiet comment on how I was working out to Ignore my grief. I heard one. "Has your child gone missing? Do you even know what its like?" I snapped.
"No. My humblest apologies, your highness."
"No, I'm sorry. So much stress. Not good. Anyhow I have to go." I excused awkwardly. As soon as I escaped the gym, I hits hard chest. It was Gabe. "G-Gabe!" My pitch raised in surprise. This was the first time in weeks he had left his room.
"Dont expect me to get on my knees, Runt." He grinned playfully. Not wanting to dampen his attempts on being happy. I said nothing about Elisif. If you looked into his eyes, you still saw the pain, you could see the effort in his smile.
"Very funny. Fine, you can be my jester, suits you well." I smirked hugging my brother. "Glad your out of your room. If you need a shoulder to cry on..." I didn't finish the sentence just in case.
"I never cry." He said, the pain edging its way outwards. He began to walk away.
"Where you going?" I shouted after him, hands on my hips.
"To practice my speech."
"Who said you where speaking?!"
"I did."

Don't get me wrong, I loved having my brother back, but the relief of almost no brother was... peaceful. Not that it was a good thing!

_*_

"So. Glad you're out of your bedroom son." My mother began. I knew where this was going. My mother had a tendancy to speak before she thought about her words. I tried to signal her to stop. "You can get a new mate..." I coughed, Blake realised and tried to change subject. "I love my mate... the future queen. And our three beautiful pups."
"Its a good job you never mated Elisif. Hybrids. Ugh." I felt anger bubble. My pups where hybrids. Gabe got up abruptly and left the room. My mother realised her mistake. "Son I never meant-" I raised my eyebrows.
"Sure mom. You knew damn well. Did you know my pups are somehow hybrid? Elisif blessed them to protect them." I chased after my brother.

When I found him, he was in his wolf form by the lake through the forest. I padded over to him a d whimpered. He heard my wolf, I knew he had, but he ignored me. I was wearing my armour, just in case. I put his by him. He looked down then at me, the sadness in his eyes. I shifted back and stroked his silver fur. "I told you. I'm always here. Elisif was a wonder and well respected woman. You know mom never meant it in that way." He looked at me again before looking to the horizon.

Mom would never have accepted her. You know that.

"Dont say that. Please Gabe. It's not like you. I would do anything to get her back for you."

You would?

"Of course. To make you happy."

His voice in my head perked up. The vampires have a resurrection spell. I cannot go there. maybe... If we got in we could find Noah...

Noah. "Armour on. Tomorrow I will sort it out. Promise."

And that, was how everything started...