Fourteen

ONE YEAR LATER

I sat with Blake as our children had their first birthday party. Blake gave each child their 'special' present from us. Sienna opened hers first, a gold charm bracelet with multicoloured gems on it. Then Xavier, he got a gold band, like a wristband, with his name engraved in emerald green with an emerald for the dot on the eye. Finally Noah, like his brother he had a wristband, his was ebony stone with sapphire blue writing. "Thank you mummy!" Sienna squealed. "I am a princess!" She said showing her brothers.

"Oh yeah?" Xavier challenged, shoving his arm in her face, show off. Noah just stood there, watching them bicker. Not sure what to do. He was the sweetest of the three. The gentlest and calmest. I could see him as a king one day. Blake went to sort the two troubles whilst Noah came to me. "Mummy." He looked up at me, his silver eyes shining.

"Yes Noah?"

"Thank you. It's so cool. Love you."

_*_

"Kayla wake up!" I opened my eyes, Blake was frantic. I sat up.

"What!?" I panicked immediately.

"Noah, he is gone." I shifted, knocking many things over, and left the palace. I don't know how long I ran for, but in the hours I searched, there was nothing. Eventually, tired and weakened, I shifted back. Blake caught up to me, he put his hand on my shoulder. I was too numb to cry. "Come home. We will try again tomorrow." I shook my head in refusal.

"Its our son - " My voice cracked. Blake held me in his arms as I began to cry. Eventually I felt my eyes close and slumber took over me.

I opened my eyes, confused for a moment. The forest was light and peaceful and I lay on Blake, in our wolf forms. I saw his ears twitch, then I heard it too. A tiny howl, something in my heart tugged, Blake's eyes shot open. I was off before he could catch me. I ran at top speed, dodging the blurs of trees. I must have looked Crazy, dodging and running, I could sense Blake behind me. But he wouldn't understand, the pull had made me run faster, my stamina growing.

Stop running Kayla. Stop!

I can't, you don't understand!

I do. Kayla, please stop! They are going to-

I felt a sharp pain in my rear before I slipped into darkness...

_*_

I opened my eyes, feeling strangely calm. I was in my bed, with Sleeping with Sirens - Sorry, playing softly in the background. I jumped feeling somebody take my hand. Blake. "Kayla, your okay, right?" I sat up.

"Yeah. What happened?" I rubbed my head and took a sip of water.

"You where sedated." Everything flashed before me. I attempted to swing my legs off the bed but was met by leather straps. I looked at Blake.

"No can do, your too unstable." He got up and left.

"Blake! Get back here! Blake!" I screamed. After a while of struggling, I gave up. Throwing my head back, I sighed and allowed the tears to fall. I had never felt so hopeless. My son had been taken and I could do nothing.

Nothing.