xxi

regretful moments

I rested my feet on top of the headboard and I had been staring at them with the baby blue wall as its background. The sun beamed through the curtain and I already took a shower a few minutes ago.

I had the most awful feeling today—I wasn't happy but I wasn't sad as well—just empty inside my heart and I hated it; like it just conquered my whole emotions and ended up getting slightly sad. I had been thinking about the things around—the bed, the wall, the stacked up packages that I hadn't open and myself that was fucked up.

"Should I open it?" I asked myself while taking a look at them. I sighed heavily once I realised how tired I was. I didn't feel like walking or talking—all I wanted to do was resting.

However, my phone rang and it was obviously Jin. Although I wasn't in the mood, I still picked the phone because I was a fucked up woman who wanted his love. "Wendy Darling, do you mind get out from your room?"

"I don't know Jin, I'm pretty much tired today," it took me awhile to get up from my bed and then I walked over to the window. I pulled the curtain a little and there he was standing in front of his car while holding his phone.

He chuckled lowly through the line. "I'm really sorry to hear that but love, there's something I need to show you..." I watched him from my room and I loved how he called me love and how he grinned while calling me love. It was as if I was watching a movie when the guy waited for a girl to come out to go out for their first date.

Sadly, it was my reality and we weren't going on our first date. "Fine, just give me time to change—"

"Don't hang up the phone!"

I laughed a little. "Why?" I asked to know the reason.

"I uh," he scratched his nape like he was shy out of a sudden. "I miss your voice, Wendy."

His statement made my heart pounded fast; I hated how he easily made me love him all over him again. "I'll place it on the table and put it on speaker, so speak what you want to speak."

I placed my phone the table and turned the speaker mode like just what I told him. "No, I want you to speak...I miss your voice, Wendy." I had to admit that it melted me whenever he said it.

"Well I have nothing else to say," I told him with a little laugh. I walked to my closet and pulled away a few dresses. "So what happened yesterday by the way?" I asked while checking myself with the dresses over the mirror.

"That—I have to tell you that later," he said carefully. I nodded my head to myself once I found a perfect dress for me to wear. "What are you wearing, love?"

I hummed softly while pulling my shirt over my head. Then I pulled my short pants down until it was on the floor. "It's a secret, Jin..." I giggled and then I wore a pastel purple sweater and a black skirt with white polka-dots printed.

"Tsk, be sure to wear something warm because it's cold outside," he warned me.

I smiled to myself once I looked at my reflection on the mirror. I put on a light makeup and then I brushed my hair to tie them into a ponytail. "Yes sir!" I pulled my old blue plea jacket—the one I wore when I first came here. "I'm done; want me to hang up now?"

"No! I want to hear your voice,"

I let out a chortle and then I picked up my phone and turned off the speaker mode. I put the phone closer to my ears. "Gosh, did you miss me that much?" I teased and then I put on my blue sneakers.