Chapter 2

Davids pov

"Wanna come over to my place for a little bit?" Gabbie asks.
"Yeah sure," I say. It's not like I have anything planned plus I haven't talked to Gabbie for awhile.

We get to her apartment and we sit on her bed. Awkward silence...
"David. That Friday night, I feel terrible, I tore apart your relationship with Liza. It doesn't take much for anyone to notice you guys are so, so distant now. It was all because of me." Gabbie says, she looks out her window into the city night.

I stay silent and think back to that night, the night I cheated on Liza with her best friend and maybe that is the reason we have that crack in our relationship. I cheated on my first real love, the first girl that changed my perspective and made me a happier person.

I look at Gabbie and notice she inches toward me. I see exactly what she's doing.

I get up and leave Gabbies apartment. I get into my car and block Gabbie on all social medias and block her number. It breaks to do this but I have to get rid of her, it's the only way to forget.

Lizas pov

It's 1 am and someone's inside my apartment. Immediately I assume it's a robber or murderer.

They open my room and switch on the light. It turns out it's only David.
"David wtf I haven't talked to you for days." I say fixing my hair.

"Liza I don't know if you've noticed this but this past month we've been drifting apart and I know the answer. I've known it this whole time. It's not you it's me. Liza, last month, I cheated on you. With Gabbie." David says, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

I don't say anything I just start to cry because that's the only energy left. The last drop of my happiness has drained away.

"Liza don't cry please it hurts." David says.

I have a billion things to say but instead of saying them i just stare at the wall.

A few minutes later David turns around and walks away. I hear the door close. He's gone. Forever.