Chapter 4: I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You said... All actions have consequences... what does that mean?"

"I think you've got the wrong person, girl."

"NO! I know it was you! Now tell me what you meant!"

Principle Hendricks yelled, "Hey!" I was startled. He handed me my backpack. "Go home, Crystal." I was confused.

"Wait, what about the lockdown?"

"What lockdown?"

Oh my god... I was hallucinating. "Your dad is on his way. I just called. Sit here." I didn't know what to think. "What was all that about?" Aaron asked. I looked at him funny, not knowing if he knew me or not. "Are you sure you don't know who I am?" He looked back with a positive face, "I'm sure."

I got a text from William.

Are you coming over today?

Why?

We still have to deal with... that thing.

What thing?

God, the body, Crystal! Trisha's body!

Jesus, I'd completely forgotten about Trisha. I'm still torn about it. She didn't deserve that, she deserved a better future. I blame myself for it. I'm so worried about my future, meanwhile, I'm ruining others.

Me: Do we have to do that today?

William: Crystal, my mother gets back tonight!

Me: What? She's not supposed to be back until tomorrow night!

I know, I guess she's coming home early!

Me: Okay... I'll be over today.

God, I was not anticipating having to clean up Trisha's dead body. Before I could continue to think of the horrors that would stir in my head as soon as I entered William's house, I received another text. It was from my dad.

Dad: Crystal, I can't come get you. Sorry, I thought I could come get you but my boss just assigned me a new case. I'm busy at work. Walk home, sweetheart. When I get home, we need to talk about the files.

Me: I have some stuff I need to deal with at William's house after school.

Dad: Okay, but after, come home. We need to talk.

Me: Okay, love you, dad.

I waited for the school bell to ring, walking to William's house with William.

"I have trash bags and bleach."

God, I couldn't believe he already had this planned out. I would too if I was him. "We need to put her in a bag, then bleach the floors."

"What are we going to do about Tom?"

"We need to... I don't know. I can't have someone captive in my basement when my mom gets home. We need to do something."

We arrived at William's house. As soon as we entered, the smell of rotting flesh and maggots filled our noses. "Jesus fucking Christ..." I wasn't feeling good after smelling what a two-day old body smelled like. "Let's just get this over with, William." William closed the door behind us, showing me to the cleaning supplies.

We both walked over to her body. "I'm sorry, Trisha," William said. I hurled, splattering the floor with puke. "Crystal, just go see how Tom is doing... I'll take care of this." I wasn't going to argue. "Okay."

I approached the basement door, opening it. I walked down the stairs slowly. I look to the right, seeing Tom. He was staring at the floor, eyes open.

"Hey, Tom."

"Hey, Crystal."

He looked up at me, helpless. "When are you going to let me out...?"

"Right now."

I walked over to him, grabbing a blade from my back pocket I always keep on me. I uncut him, letting him loose.

"You're free to go."

He stands up with a look of gratitude. "Thank y-"

I slash my blade at his throat as a waterfall of red poured from his neck. He gurgled, holding his throat, eyes wide open. I began to sob, "I'm sorry, but I won't let my future be ruined." Tom falls to the ground, no longer breathing, blood gushing from his throat. I lay on the floor beside him, continuing to sob. "I'm sorry."

William runs down the stairs, looking at what I have just done. He is shocked, breathing heavily. I proceed to sob, beside Tom on the floor.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/30/17

  Thanks for reading Chapter Four of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the fourth chapter. Thank you for reading, fellow Wattpaders! Chapter Five is out now!