Chapter 19 Lizzy

[Tony]

She stirred in her sleep, mumbling inaudible words. She seemed distressed.

Her mumbles grew louder "no no - don't hurt me"

I grabbed her hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here. You're safe now."

A light pressure squeezed back before her body relaxed.

It fell silent. The sound if the heart monitor kept beat as I hummed out A Match into Water to myself.

"Why did you stay" her weak voice pulled me back to reality.

I looked at her to see her staring at me from the bed.

Sighing I thought out a reply "you should have to be alone right now"

"But why you" Lizzy question "you found us, gave me a shirt to wear, carried me out of that hell hole and now this. You've done so much, I can't repay you for this."

I smiled at her "you don't need to repay me. I'm happy to do all that just as I'm happy to spend the night with you here"

I knew why I did all those things.

She was beautiful. She was a fighter. She was talented and honest. Everything about her was perfect. I saved her because I liked her. I stayed with her because I liked her.

I couldn't tell her though. Too many times have I been let down. I can't do it again.

She continued to stare at me, attempting to read the emotions on my face.

Eventually she looked away "Thank you for staying" she sighed "this would've been hard on my own. The n-nightmares are k-ki-killing me" her voice began to shake. She turned her head to hind her tears from me.

It hurt to see her upset

Getting down on my knees so I was at eye level with her, I gently tilted her face towards me.

"Lizzy" I began "you can't hide your emotions forever. I'm here now. The nightmares aren't going to hurt you. I'll be here when you wake up to make it all better." I wiped the last if her tears away with my thumb. It ran over her soft, bruised cheek.

"Tony" she sobbed "I'm scared to go to sleep. He's there waiting for me in my dreams and I can't- I can-" the tears began again. She couldn't hold them back anymore.

I pulled her into a hug letting her face burry into my chest. She cried for longer than I remembered. I sat in the edge of her bed holding her and comforting her until eventually she stopped.

"It's okay. I'm here" I said and I began to unwrap my arms.

She hugged tighter "no. Don't go" her pleading eyes looked up at me.

"Okay" i sighed.

Laying her down gently, I slipped into bed with her. She snuggled into me instantly.

This is only gonna get you hurt more. She doesn't like you, she's just in shock and needs some comfort.

Fighting back at my thoughts, I pulled her into me and placed a soft kiss on her head as she drifted off into sleep.

----

[Lizzy]

An unformliar scent filled my senses as I awoke from my warm cocoon. It was strangely comforting.

Leaning into the fabric to take in the smell I noticed its warmth and the faint beating pounding from within. This was a person.

I looked over to the pillow to see Tony sleeping next to me. His hair was matted my sleep and a short beard circled his chin. It looks like her hadn't shaved since the girls went missing.

I got to admit though, he looks good with facial hair.

I continued to examine him. He was a good lucking guy. And he saved my life. I wanted to show him how much he meant to me.

----

[Tony]

I woke up to see Lizzy staring at me.

"Morning" she smiled

I smiled back "Good Morning"

"If I do something will you promise not to freak out"

I nodded, wary if what she was going to do.

She looked into my eyes and bit her lip nervously. I looked back confused by her actions then it happened.

She leant in and kissed me, lingering for a second before returning back to her place on the pillow.

Stared at her fighting back with all my strength my urges. She'd kissed me and I wanted to respond without fucking things up.

Suddenly, I pulled her into me and kissed her. I failed to stop myself. She's gonna hate me for this

She began to kiss back, deepening the kiss. We didn't stop until we were out of breath. Then, reluctantly, we pulled apart.

Her heart machine was going crazy. I could hear nurses approach the room. Swiftly, I slipped out of bed and onto my chair. The door swung open as a nurse walked up to Lizzy heart monitor.

"Is everything going okay in here? Your heart rate just increased dramatically."

Lizzy nodded and smiled "no I'm fine. Just had a dream that's all, but I'm fine now"

She nodded and left the room leaving us alone again.

For some reason we started laughing at the situation. It felt good to laugh with her. Very good.