Gaiden 18: Intimidating Eyes

*Anis*

My eyes fluttered open. I was back in my room.

I rubbed my head. When had I fallen asleep?

I looked up and saw Takeshi with his head against the edge of the bed. He was asleep.

Had he stayed here all this time?

His face was like that of a child without a concern in the world. I snickered.

Probably best not to wake him up.

I pushed myself up and climbed out of the bed from the left side.

"Hmm?" Takeshi said, opening one eye.

"Sorry," I whispered. I must've made too much noise while removing the covers.

His face flushed, and he quickly wiped away the dry drool on the left side of his mouth. "I should be the one who is sorry."

I chuckled. "I'll just have the covers cleaned later. Why are ya here, though? You should be training."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, but I got wanted to make sure ya'll be fine."

I smiled. "Ahh, that's so sweet. But as ya can see, I'm perfectly fine."

His lips curled upward as well. "Seems like it. Want to spar with me?"

"Sure!" I exclaimed.

The door suddenly clicked open and in came a pink blur. Next thing I knew, I was tackled into the bed.

"Sis!" a little girl with strawberry blond hair said, snuggling me.

"Sorry, I tried to stop her," a voice called out.

I raised my head. Standing by the door was a tall, raven-haired, muscular man dressed in a black suit.

"Pa!" I said, smiling.

He turned to look at Takeshi who froze as soon as they made eye contact.

"Why is a boy doing in your room?" he asked, making his way toward my fiancé.

"H-hello," Takeshi said, forcing a smile. "I- uh..."

"Speak," Pa said, continuing to glare at him.

I sighed. "Pa, ya're scaring him."

He grumbled. "Then do you care to explain?"

I nodded. "I fainted. Takeshi here was looking out for me."

His purple eyes widened. "Ya fainted?"

"So he's the one ya get ya accent from," Takeshi said, smiling.

Pa clicked his tongue. "So now he speaks."

Takeshi backed away and gulped.

My little sister giggled. "Ya boyfriend is cute but a scaredy cat."

"He is... Uh, but he's not my boyfriend. Though, he is my fiancé..."

Pa raised a hand toward his chin. "Fiancé?" he asked, his brow furrowed. "When did ya get engaged? I had been told that ya never left ya room by ya uncle Orlin. Don't tell me these visits to ya room are the norm?"

"No!" I lowered my head. "The king is actually the one who engaged us."

Pa turned around. "He did, did he? I better go ask ya Ma if she knows about this. Rene, stay with ya sister."

"I doubt Ma knows," I mumbled.

He clenched his hands into fists. "Would that guy really hide something that important from his own sister? If so, I'll give him a piece of my mind."