Part 1: Mate, Mate

Maan's POV ..

I made myself comfortable inside the tent .. I was not on my bed , still it was okay for me .. its part of my job ... I am yet to get used to it though .. its first time we r assigned a job in jungle ...Being a firefighter, I had to go for such adventures ... Though, it's not so adventurous always , rather sad when we lose our fellow while fighting  , but it's the rare care ... We try to save each other as much as possible ..According to reports , we have threats of fire from west side of jungle , so as precaution we were assigned to different areas of jungle, just in case there is any emergency we don't lose nature and wild life isn't harmed .I along with three other fellows set our tents at some distance as assigned ..

Our stay in jungle can be dangerous too , because of animals , we had our safety iweapons and other things with us ... All in all , it was an interesting assignment for me ..

Sometimes I want to go back to family and just enjoy with them and do business as my father , but that's not adventurous, it's boring to sit in long meetings and i also have time till my father retires..

We are allowed to bring our partners with us if we have. ... I still didn't find mine ... how will I find one , if I am always on mission ?.I joined at young age .. I didn't try my luck with girl firefighters yet .. I am not thinking of doing it anytime soon ..

It was a cold night, I decided to go outside to fetch some woods to light fire for warmth ... I had my gun and knife along, just in case I am under attack ..From a big log , I made smaller pieces and collected them in a suitable place to light it up, so that surroundings won't catch fire ... After sprinkling a bit of kerosene , I lit it , satisfied I sat across now beautifully lit woods ... it's the beautiful view in itself ..

Just as I was getting warm , I heard a  growl at my back ... it was  loud , means too near ... highly alert I took my gun out immediately .. I tilted my head a little to get a view of how close is the danger , only to find a big white wolf right at my back ... my eyes widened in horror , as it looked straight in my eyes and stepped even closer ...I nearly jumped off a feet away with fear ... 

yes I was afraid , this is the first time I am in front of deadly animal ..that too this close and it can pounce on me anytime , pointing a gun straight at it , I shot ... 

I heard another growl like the wolf was angry ... sweat covered my forehead as I found out that bullet missed the target and wolf was not injured at all .. It looked so angry that it would rip apart anything came its way I shot once again and the wolf successfully dodged it .. I don't know if it was my fear that didn't let me shoot the animal straight or the wolf was so trained to dodge my bullet .. I gulped harder as I looked in its eyes ..

To my surprise , the wolf didn't attack me ... it was calm once again , but was stepping closer ... and I didn't find it a good sign, it made me more nervous .. I pulled my knife out , ready to attack if it gets too close .. I held it at show for the wolf to see it ..
The wolf just came at halt seeing the knife ... I wondered why ? .. it was powerful enough for a mere knife .. still it did stop .. looked at me once again , our eyes met for long minute , it had emerald green eyes .. too beautiful to describe ... I was shocked at myself that I am describing the wolf's eyes , when it can kill me any minute ... Anyways ,I did and I can't help it ..
The wolf stepped back ,and went off leaving me alone ... I sucked in a hard breath which I didn't know I was holding ...
Rest of the night and next day  went off wondering about the strange encounter with wolf .. I had so many questions in my mind .. I attacked the wolf , but it didn't do anything . It never harmed me ... It just looked into my eyes and calmed down ... I shared it with my fellows when we met during day , but they laughed it off saying i was hallucinating ...as according to them , if I attacked the wolf it would have ripped me apart ..
I too doubted the for some time wondering if it was real or just a dream ..
...
Geet POV ..
After a peaceful slumber , I stretched on my bed .. Getting fresh , I slipped a ripped jeans and top on , before leaving the pack house ..
I needed to go for a run .. that would take my laziness out ... My wolf was happy with the idea of going for a long run .. Yes , I am a werewolf ...
I am daughter of Alpha of this pack and due to Alpha blood in me , my wolf was bigger and stronger than others ... I am a spoiled one and my brother who is Alpha now, loves and protects me..
Getting behind a tree , I removed my clothes leaving myself completely naked ... I thought of my wolf form , and my bones started crackling ..I shifted , my wolf was happy .. It was her time now .. I started running deep inside jungle , dodging trees .. My senses got stronger in wolf form and I heard each and every faint sound ... Rattling of leaves and water flowing in streams .. I heard it all ..
Running deep and deep , I didn't realize I was out of territory and got into human's land ... We didn't get along too well with humans , as they always tried to kill us ... Me being Alpha's daughter was trained well to kill the attackers and save myself from attacks but getting into the fight is not what I planned today...
Suddenly an amazingly refreshing scent hit my nostrils , mixed with smoky smell ... it was too good for any other scent i ever smelled .. I looked around and realized that I was not in my territory anymore and it could be dangerous, I had to go back .. But my wolf insisted otherwise ... It insisted me to trace the amazing scent... 
So I did , what my wolf directed .. As I followed the scent , it got more and more intense ... it kind of soothed me and my wolf was growling with happiness ..
I reached a small clearing , the smell was at its strongest now ... I found someone sitting across fire , from structure it was a guy .. Human ?? ... why was my wolf so happy with the smell of a human .. I decided to go back... the human didn't see me yet ... though I could take him down easily , as he was alone ..but I didn't want to start a fight .. I decided to leave .. My wolf growled angrily with the idea of leaving ... and it came out loud ...
The human pulled his gun off his pocket instantly ..stupid humans , i rolled my eyes if it was possible in my wolf form ... he looked behind to find me at his back ..shock covered his features as he took a brief look at my wolf ...
But when he looked into my eyes , I realized why the smell was so intoxicating for me ... "Mate .. mate " ... my wolf chanted happily ... It was ecstatic ... I stayed still at my place , admiring my mate .. he was handsome, with sharp features ... and his brown eyes captivated me .. I just couldn't look away ...
He raised the gun at me and shot ... I dodged it , as if I knew what was he going to do ... My wolf didn't approve it though .. instead of accepting and protecting us,our mate just attacked us ...
My wolf growled at him in anger, but melted instantly when she saw the sweat on his forehead .. We aren't supposed to scare our mate ... we are supposed to love him, to be his strength ...
Our mate is human .. it hits me now ... Oh how is it possible ?? .. it is possible , I knew .. it's rare that a werewolf has a human mate but not impossible ...
He attacked once again which once again went vain ... I knew he was scared , but it wasn't supposed to go like this , I could sense his nervousness .. My wolf wanted to snuggle close to him .. lick his face , and sooth him .. as I stepped closer he pulled out a silver knife .....I wasn't afraid of knife but our mate was not ready to accept us for now, i had to give him some time.... 
I had to fight with my wolf to give our mate some time , but there is no way we are letting him go leaving us alone ..

.One last time I looked at his deep brown eyes ,soothing my wolf .. I left the place , however my wolf protested , she wanted to stay close to mate , but it wasn't possible for now .. I will come back to my mate very soon ..

I hope you guys have great time reading it :) ..