"Ángel, you idiot. You know, with that little thing above the A," he adds. I laugh hysterically at this, getting shushed by the nurse with a firm glare.

"That little thing is an accent. How do you not know that? You're Puerto Rican and you don't know what those things are, oh my heart," I joke. He fumes silently but stops for a second to give me a questioning look.

"How did you know that?"

"Spanish is my first language." His hands fist around the arm rest of his blue metal chair. The poor chair, it's already falling apart.

"No, how do you know I'm Puerto Rican?" he growls but he's not the least bit intimidating. Not when he rolls his R's so naturally as if it's second nature, I just find it intriguing. I wave him off, unconcerned.

"Dude, your last name is Dávila. It's obvious," I add with a wave of my hand. He seems to get angrier and angrier every time I speak. It's so interesting.

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I'm suing, I'm going to take all that you own down to your pretty car," he mutters under his breath. I hum at that as I lick my lips.

"As long as I get to see your beautiful face every day, I don't need any material possessions," I add a dreamy sigh, looking at him with my best bedroom eyes. His face reddens, and I see a vein pulsate in his forehead. Interesting.

"I'm going to sue you and get a restraining order," he growls. I pout at that but he's unfazed by it.

"Aw, but we were getting along so well," I reply. He opens his mouth to no doubt spit curses at me but his name is called. He jumps up too fast and staggers so I immediately stand in case he falls. He doesn't but I follow him to keep an eye on him.

He walks up to a nurse in pretty pink scrubs holding a clipboard that has his information on it. She motions for him to follow her and he does with me on his heals.

We enter a white room with a bed and a few machines, along with a chair for whoever may be with the patients.

"Oh, sir, you're going to have to wait outside unless you're family," the nurse tells me, blocking me from the room. I wave her off with a smile.

"Oh we're family, he's my little brother," I lie easily. Angel looks ready to object but seems to think better of it and instead just rolls his eyes, nodding when the nurse glances at him. She shrugs and lets me in so I sit in the comfy leather seat while Angel takes a seat on the hospital bed.

I pull out my phone, listening to the nurse intently while I send Celeste a quick text telling him it'll be a while before I get there. He replies but I don't check it, instead I focus on what the nurse is saying while she takes his blood pressure. After the nurse gets his vitals she writes it all down and leaves the room, telling us the doctor will be in momentarily.

Not even five minutes after the nurse leaves a pretty doctor comes in. Her brunette hair is pulled back into a pony tail, a pair of purple glasses framing her lavender eyes. She smiles at us upon entering as she looks down briefly to the clipboard.

"Hello, Angel, I see you didn't mark any points of pain so what are you here for, hon?" she asks politely, though she's clearly just verifying what he wrote on the paperwork.

"I got ran over--"

"Hit--"

"By a car. I don't feel any pain, except a dull throb in my head but my brother here thought it would be a good idea to come to the hospital," he finishes with a stern glare at me for interrupting him.

"I just wanted to make sure my brother was safe, I mean, who knows if he got any internal injuries. I just want to be on the safe side," I lie, my voice that of a concerned family member. Angel glares at me but by now it's like his resting face.