The Big Bad Wolf?

Wake up!" A firm voice hissed. You opened your eyes trying to make out the blurry figure hovering over you.
"Sirius?" You yawned. "It's the middle of the night. What are you... Wait How did you get into the girls dormitory?"
"Never mind that now. It's Remus." Suddenly all the sleep that had recently consumed you was gone. Sirius grabbed your wrist pulling you along after him. Together, the two of you ran through the castle. He guided you towards one of the secret passages which led out into the cool night air.
"Sirius," you panted. "What's happened?" He gave no answer. Glancing his way, you noticed Sirius was frantically scanning the castle grounds. Then you saw what had him so worried. A great stag came bounding across the yards. It paused a moment to stare at you. You could tell there was anger within his gaze as he glanced first at you then Sirius. It's anger was short lived for an intense howl echoed in the distance breaking his concentration. Without a second thought, the noble stag went charging towards the howl.
"Remus got out?" You asked horrified. Sirius nodded. "Sirius, we need to get him back to the shrieking shack! We can't let him hurt anyone!"
"I know. I know!" Sirius said frustrated. "We've been trying for the past hour to get him there. So far we've only been able to keep him contained to the castle grounds."
"Well you can't just let him stay out there. We've got to tell Dumbledore!"
"NO!" Sirius snapped. "No..." he said calmer. "We can't tell Dumbledore."
"But-"
"No you mustn't tell him."
"Okay," you sighed. "Then what do you propose we do?" You glanced at Sirius nervous. You didn't like the look he had on his face.
"Use you as bait," Sirius said quickly.
"What?" You snapped eyes wide. "Sirius I'm not an animagus. If he bites me I'm done for I'm-"
"[Y/N]," Sirius said. You felt his hands clasp your shoulders. He looked at you with soft grey eyes. "Do you really think James, Peter, or I would let anything happen to you?" You thought it over for a moment. You'd become best friends with Peter, James, Sirius, and particularly Remus. You knew they'd never let anything happen to you, but didn't see how you'd make the difference in them getting Remus back to the shrieking shack.
"Alright," you said. "I'll do it for Remus." With a clap on your shoulder, Sirius transformed into a large black dog. He looked back at you, silently letting you know to climb on his back. Carefully, you climbed over him gripping your hands onto this thick black fur. He gave a small bark for confirmation then ran towards the whomping willow. It didn't take long for you to reach the tree. You jumped off Sirius and stood tall in front of the willow.
Sirius sat down beside you, scanning the area once again. A rather large rat scurried over your feet. You knew it must have been Peter heading for the knot on the tree. Sirius looked your way seeming to wait for confirmation that you were ready for what was about to take place. You gave him a firm nod. Taking a few steps forward, Sirius rose his head towards the sky to let out a rich sounding howl.
It took only a moment for his howl to be returned. Sirius looked back to you and gave a nod. Before you could say anything he disappeared into the night. You looked behind you. There was no sign of Peter either.
"Typical," you spat as you looked out into the darkness. Within the blink of an eye, a dark figure was running your direction. It was down on all fours and had a great grey snout.
"Remus," you called. You had definitely caught the wolf's attention. He was coming at you full speed. "Remus please it's me! I'm your friend." There was no reasoning with him. You knew this, but felt you had to try. He was getting dangerously close now. You could hear his snarls, his paws slamming on the ground.
"Sirius," you yelled. He was only a paw length away. "SIRIUS!" Yanking your wand from your nightgown pocket, you rose it ready to strike. With a quick flick you were about to cast a defensive spell when there was a large thud. Two black masses were wrestling and snarling only feet from you. James was quick to arrive at the scene. You watched as Peter jumped on the whomping willows knot. The tree went limp. Together, James and Sirius were able to get Remus back into the shelter of the trees roots. Peter soon scurried in after them leaving you alone in the night.
You began to anxiously pace in front of the tree. Several minutes went by before there was sign of anyone being near by. Finally Sirius came out into the night back in his human form.
"Is Remus...?"
"He's fine," Sirius said quickly. "James and Peter are keeping him company. I'm just here to accompany you back to bed. Then I'll be with him until morning." Sirius saw the worry in your eyes and came over to wrap a friendly arm around your shoulder. "He'll be fine. I promise." You gave a nod of confirmation, but worry still fueled you. You always worried about your friends. No matter how many times they told you things would be alright, the marauders always ended up in some sort of trouble. Yet things did always seem to work out in the end. For now that would be enough. So you let Sirius lead you back towards the castle hoping things would be better in the morning.