Jealousy: Ron Weasley

*Authors Note*
While reading this Listen to the song Mr. Bright side by The Killers.

         You were in the Yule Ball. So far, it had been a pretty amazing night, but you were tired of dancing so much! And your feet were complaining! Why did you choose these bloody heeled shoes anyway?
"Sit here and rest, y/n. I'll bring some drinks." Ron said, kissing your cheek. When you did as you were told, he offered you a smile and added: "I'll be right back".
You saw him disappear in the crowd. Suddenly, you felt a presence sitting next to you.
"Tired, y/l/n?"
When you saw it was Draco Malfoy, you rolled your eyes.
"Yes, actually. We've been dancing an hour straight. And my feet are killing me!" you moaned. You heard him chuckle, which made you chuckle softly too. "What about you?"
"I needed a rest from Pansy. She can be overwhelming, you know?"
You snorted: "You don't have to swear on it! She follows you like a lost puppy all the time!"
He smirked and asked: "Oh! Do I detect jealousy?"
You punched him playfully in the arm and replied: "You wish, Malfoy. More like pity"
He smiled at you.
"You haven't changed one bit, y/n"
"Neither have you" you said. "You know, I missed talking to you like this. We used to do it all the time." You continued with a nostalgic expression.
"Dammit! Weasel is coming, and he looks angry! I better go!"
"His name is Ronald, Draco." you told him while you rolled your eyes.
"Whatever, see you around, y/n".
He gave you a kiss on the forehead and quickly parted. You watched him go with a tiny smile on your face.
"What are you playing at, y/n?" a furious voice said.
Frowning, you replied: "What do you mean?"
"I saw you flirting with that ferret." He spat.
Incredulity was evident on your face.
"What? Flirting?"
"Don't play dumb with me. You were acting all playful and the way you looked and smiled at him... I didn't like it one bit. He even kissed you, for Merlin's beard!"
Your expression softened and you explained, taking his hand: "Ronald Weasley, let me get this straight: Draco and I have always been friends. Both of us are pureblood and our families have always been in contact. We used to play together when we were children. And truth be told, I miss it. He was my best friend, but when we got to Hogwarts we distanced ourselves a little. Being in different houses makes it more complicated. So yes, I was being playful, but as a friend! Can't you see? You are my boyfriend and I love you like I've never loved anyone in my entire life. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Ron. Don't you forget it. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry. Please, forgive m..."
Your rambling was cut short by his soft lips on your mouth. You kissed him back putting a hand on his head to pull him closer.
"I still don't like it, that you are friends with someone like him. But I respect it" he said when you pulled away.
You gave his hand a little squeeze: "Thanks. That is more than I can ask." Smiling slyly you added: "You know, seeing you go all jealous on me has been quite an experience."
"I wasn't jealous!" he immediately countered back, his cheeks matching the color of his hair. Giggling you told him: "Yes, yes you were. And it was adorable. Now, may we have a drink and join the dancefloor?"
"We may"