5

after a bit of wandering around town, wesley gives me a ride home. our bodies bouncing to 2016 rap, when rap was getting good. 2018 has really slowed on the music production a bit, everything's pretty much already been made.

grayson and i sit in the back, his hand resting on my thigh and my heart beating at a million beats per second.

"RAIN DROP! DROP TOP! SMOKIN AND COOKIN THE HOTBOX!" we all scream in unison, i remember when this song came out. memes were insane.

"FUCKIN ON YO BITCH SHE A THOT THOT!" i burst out laughing, leaning slightly so my upper body hits grays.

"oh my god." he laughs too but soon stops just to stare at me with a kind smile.

suddenly his hand is off my thigh and his fingers are undoing his seatbelt. wesley catches wind of what he's doing and reaches up to push the button that opens the sunroof. soon enough grayson is standing on the center console and his upper body disappears out the top of the car.

"grayson!" i laugh and unbuckle my belt too, standing to pop my head and shoulders out the roof.

we scream and laugh and wave to people on the sidewalk. they stare at us with judgmental looks but i just smile.

these are the kind of experiences i live for.

-

when i get back to the house grayson and wesley both give me their numbers. i say goodbye and run up the steps of my house, exhausted from screaming and dancing yet dreading my bed knowing i'll be alone again.

-

the next day i pretty much just stay in bed on my phone, drawing and watching slime videos. i know, i'm 18 and still watching videos of people poking slime. grayson and wesley both text me multiple times, just small talk about things like persian cats and italy. after a bit i ignore their texts to watch really weird and random videos. eventually after having grayson spam me for five minutes straight, i answer.

-

grayson
4:32 pm

sol

sol

sol

sol

answer me

sol

sol

sol

what the fuck do you want i'm trying to watch videos of crazy people on subways

let's hang out tomorrow

bitch you interrupted me for that. like sure but you could've just said that

are subway nutjobs really more important than me

sí señor

fuck you sol

i'm down when u are

omg

;)

stop

-

i chuckle and press play on my video, it's some lady yelling at a random person. another text kind of throws me off.

-

unknown number
5:02 pm

hey bbg

i'm sorry who's this

you can't just leave town like that, sol. you didn't even say goodbye

srsly who is this?

wow, you really can't put a couple puzzle pieces together?

if you don't tell me who this is i'm going to block your number

don't block me baby, i just miss you. i hope you haven't told anyone about our little secret. i'm thinking of paying you a little visit

-

my heart drops. i know who this is. immediately i block his number, knowing he won't stop. he won't take no for an answer.

just look what he did that summer night.