4

it was the summer after tenth grade. of course being the naïve teenager i was i decided to go hang out with a guy i only really know from math class. he was a senior. i thought we were just going to the movies, that's what he told me at least.

we stopped at his friends house and grabbed some tequila, even though alcohol really just wasn't my thing. the night grew borderline uncomfortable with his flirtatious remarks and touchy-feely moments. of course i didn't object, it wouldn't go far. if he tried anything i'd just turn him down and make it clear i wasn't sexually interested.

when he did make a move i did exactly that. it just wasn't enough. he wouldn't stop and eventually my words weren't enough. i wasn't strong enough. my 'no' wouldn't suffice. it never would.

he ruined me that night.

after that i ran. my torn clothes and bruised body went as fast as it could, tears were streaming down my face when i made it home. my mom was at a friends and richard was on a business trip so i was alone.

my bath water felt like it was on fire and my body was burning. of course my fear grew into a panic attack and i screamed into my pillow as i laid awake all night, my mind full of fear and sadness and humility.

i haven't spoken a word to anyone. because my mouth has been full ever since.