Chapter 8

The sun was setting when you jumped from roof to roof with Jacob yet again. You had just left the train hideout which headed in the other direction so it wouldn't seem suspicious if the train slowly moved through Waterloo Station and they casually jumped off in front of all the blighters. Waterloo station was known for its giant glass constructed roof which made your job a lot easier. When you finally landed on the roof you could both relax and walk slowly over all the blighters and trains, scouting them all from above. You were counting them in your head while scanning the area for the easiest access to the trains.

"There." Hissed Jacob and kneeled down on the glass. You turned around to see what he was looking at and saw a well-dressed woman from above. Her hair was covered by a hat, but her dark purple dress was so big, that you wondered how she even moved around in all the train wagons.

"Is that Mrs. Attaway?" You asked even though you were already sure by the way Jacob looked at her. She must really have made a fool of him, to earn such a look from this man. But it could be an disadvantage for you, because Jacob was the type that took what he wanted. And in that moment he wanted Pearl Attaways life. But he had to remember there was at least three dozen of blighters there as well and some of them were pretty big.

"I will cut her throat!" He said and stood up again and ran towards the edge of the roof hadn't you caught his jacket in your fist and held him back. He looked displeased at you.

"Jacob you cannot just run in there and kill her. You will be killed by the bloody gang members first. We have to plan this and go slowly. She is in the train cab so chances are that she will start the train and take off before we have killed the others." Jacob had looked at you intensely while you spoke but he actually let you finish which meant that you may actually have gotten through to him so you let go of his leather jacket.

"Jesus, you sound like my sister." He sighed.

"But right now it's the right thing to do and you know it. Also, you are the one knowing this place the best, so you know where the entrances are." He looked thoughtful for a moment before smiling and waving you with him. You scaled down the side of the building and went for the nearest entrance. Two blighters was standing with their arms crossed and looked bored when you both came running and pierced their head with your hidden blades. The sound of their skull breaking and a quiet gagging was the only noises that indicated that you had entered the building. You jumped over their limp bodies and ran up the first stairs. Jacob looked around the corner up the next flight of stairs. He looked back at you and motioned with his hand that there were two more on the top. You were about to jump past him and up, but he held a hand to your shoulder to signal you to stop and jump out there himself. You took his place and looked around the corner just in time to se him stab both of the men in the back of their neck and pulled both his arms back to make sure that they fell back down the stairs, instead of falling onto the platform and alerting the others. The blood was already dripping down the stairs so you made sure not to step in it, when you walked up to Jacob and stood in each your side of the door.

You looked around on the platform to count the fuckers again. No one was near you so you would have to walk in there without any way of hiding. Or maybe not?

"What now? Which way do you want to go?" He whispered and you were actually touched that he actually asked you, instead of just doing his thing.

"I'm going up." You whispered back and before he could say anything more, you had shot your gripping hook onto one of the steel pillars under the roof and let it pull you up. You were not sure that no one would see you, but luckily enough, no one did. You sat there and could now see every single one of the bastards in the station. You opened your small bag attracted to your belt which held a decent amount of small throwing knives. It didn't take long before you had shut down the first four men near where Jacob was still waiting and you waved him in. He ran toward the nearest boxes to hide behind before he jumped over them and attacked the men behind them. You stood up and balanced on the pillar before walking far over the trains and took out a few other men on the platform on the other side. When you turned around you saw the bloody trail of Jacob on the other platform. He had taking out a handful of blighters on his own and they were lying scattered around like drunk puppets. You couldn't help but smile. He was fantastic.