Chapter 2

"So Mr. Bell is actually making these things for you?" You said as you were fiddling with Evies well equipped glove.

"He is a genius. He is saving us so much time and maybe one day one of his inventions will come in handy in a very dangerous situation."

"I can imagine. Maybe I should go talk with him some day." You gave Evie her glove back as you entered Waterloo Station. There were many people around now that most people got off work before supper.

"I can almost promise you that Mr. Green will help you get some equipment. We just have to catch the train first." Evie looked down the tracks to see if the train was anywhere near here.

"Does Mr. Green live outside London? Since we have to catch a train." You asked curiously. Evie just laughed a little.

"You will get it when the train arrives. Just do as I do and be ready." As she had spoken a whistle from the train was heard from not too far away. Evie took a step forward so she was standing on the edge of the platform. When the train arrived at the platform you were surprised that it didn't stop at all but Evie smiled at you and without saying a word, she jump on the train. Luckily your reflexes were good and you quickly reached out your hand and caught the next wagon and swung yourself on board. The door was open and you walked in to a quite messy wagon with papers lying around everywhere and on a couch to your left were Evie's brother Jacob. He was slung back in the couch with his hands behind his head.

"Ah you came. It took some time." He said smirking at you.

"Well we are not all privileged and own a grapping hook... Yet!" You told and smirked back at him.

"Do you think you are good enough to handle one of those, Miss Y/N?"

"Mr Frye. I am better than you." You said lifting your eyebrow at him. He sat up in the couch sceptically at you.

"If you really are that good, how come that I have heard of you?" He was folding his fingers in a really cocky way but you walk up to him and leaned down so you were in his eye height.

"You see, Mr Frye. Those who know I am an assassin are either trusted members of the brotherhood or simply dead." You whispered and smiled at him. But before he could come up with a smart answer, Evie came into the wagon with a man with slightly darker skin and southern looking assassin uniform.

"You must be Y/N L/N? I have heard of you." He asked you and reached out his hand for you. You walked up to him and took his hand as you could hear Jacob snort behind you.

"And you must be Henry Green, I assume. It is a nice little hiding spot you get here. It's always on the move?"

"We have the twins to thank for this hiding spot. They have done a great job so far in Whitechapel. It is the safest place in London so far, but with your help we will free London from Starrick's condescension and find the piece of Eden much quicker than first presumed." You smiled at Mr Green and was pleased to hear that he thought so highly of you.

"Before I start any missions I hope that you are aware of my cover as an actress. Even though it is only a cover, I do love my job and I have to attend some of the rehearsals before I can go on stage. I don't want the two parts of my life to collide in any way, so I will not volunteer in interrogation. I will only hunt to kill." You explained yourself. You knew it sounded cold but it was the way you had ben trained and it had worked ever since you started as an assassin. Mr Green nodded at you.

"I know of your methods, Miss L/N. I will make sure that your secret ends here with us and I will let you know when something comes up. In the meantime you could take a look at our train. If you need any accommodation there is plenty of room for you here as well." He said and gestured around him. You thought about it for a minute. You had always rented a room far away from the theatre you worked at and walked a different way home every day so no one could track you down easily if you had an assassin duty to fulfil. But living at a train would make it almost impossible. It was actually quite genius.

"I will take a look. Thanks for the offer Mr Green." You said and was about to walk out the wagon when Jacob shot up from the couch and ran in front of you to hold the door for you. You gave him a questioning look but he just smiled politely at you all of the sudden.

"Ladies first. I will introduce you to some of my Rooks."

"Your rocks?" You said and couldn't help but laugh.

"The Rooks are my gang, dear. They help us to keep Whitechapel clean from the Blighters." He said a little sharp. Cleary a little irritated by your comment. You followed him through something that looked like another sleeping wagon where a rather large lady was sat at a table reading in a book.

"Y/N, this is Agnes MacBean she is the owner of the train here. She is the one who let us use it now that we got rid of the bastard who forced her to work for the Templars." Jacob explained and padded Agnes on the shoulder. She looked up at you with what you assumed was a nice smile, but she was rather rough at look at.

"And who might this be? Another one of your lady friends, Jacob? This one is really pretty. You should keep her around." Agnes said in a thick Scottish accent and you almost dropped your jaw on the floor. Jacobs's eyes widened before his face went pure red.

"It is... no... This is Y/N L/N. She is an assassin as well. She has come to help us clean London for Templars and other pests." He said quickly and moved on to the next wagon.

"It was nice to meet you Mrs. MacBean." You said laughing, now that this lady actually almost made Jacob speechless.

"Watch out for that charmer, Y/N. He is bad company and you are simply too adoring for him." She called after you, as you walked after Jacob. You gave Agnes a nod to show that you were listing. Not that you wanted to have anything to do with a bloke like Jacob but at least you had something you could tease him with now. You should have known he was a ladies man. Even though he was kind of a show-off you had to admit that you found him quite handsome. You shook the thought out of your head before walking into the next wagon where a dozen of men, all dressed in green uniforms, were chatting up Jacob very loudly. As you walked into their sight the talk died a little, as they were all staring at you. You didn't feel uncomfortable at all, now that you were an actress and it was kind of your job to let people stare at you.

"Let me introduce you to the newest member of the assassin family, lads. This is Y/N L/N. And Y/N, this is the Rook; the most dangerous gang in town." Jacob yelled out in the wagon. The wagon was design so you had the same feeling like when you walked into an old pub. The bar was there and the men were sat in stalls with brown leader on the benches. One of the largest men you had ever seen stood up, took off his hat and walked up to you. He took your hand and kissed it like a real gentleman.

"I need no introduction to know who you are, Miss Y/N. My wife has been talking about wanting to see one of your plays for a long time. She says you are a great actress but I would never have thought that a little thing like yourself would be an assassin as well. That is quite admirable." The man said and you were about to blush at the kind of compliment. Of course you had never heard something like it before, as you have never met anyone who knew about both sides of you.

"I am actually doing a play at Princess Theatre very soon and I will make sure to get you and your wife tickets to a show." You told the man gladly and his whole face was lightning up. He grabbed your hand and shook it eagerly.

"Why, thank you Miss Y/N! My wife is going to be the happiest lass in town when she hears it! My name is Russel Willoby and I will always be at your service!" You couldn't be anything but cheerful when you were talking with the Rooks. They were all in such good mood and gave you a taste of their best whiskey. You knew that people would frown if they saw a girl like you sitting along without an escort with so many strange men, but you were having fun. At a point one of the men stood up and gestured to the other to be quiet.

"Now that we have such a wonderful and talented lass with us, would you mind singing us a song, Miss Y/N?" He said while clutching his hat in his hand. He looked kind of shy for a gang member. You looked around at the others that were cheering you on but you spotted Jacob in the crowed rolling his eye... And that only made you want to do it even more. You stood up and they all turned to face you while you were singing and dancing your best. The Rooks was looking at you with dreamy eyes like the audience use to look at you, when you were wearing your fairy queen costume in Brighton. But even though a dozen of men were admiring you, all that you cared about was that you had but a smile on their leaders face. For the first time Jacob was wearing a non-sarcastic smile.