↬ twenty two

twenty two - Realization For Reality

    A soft and gentle smile fell upon her lips while her nimble fingers ran through the soft locks of Tristan Potter's hair. His breathing ran much smoothly than just a couple hours before when the attack had started.

    The two exchanged a silent communication of understanding that just their presence let alone was enough to remain calm. Neither of them had realized how much one another has impacted their lives, but they have and there's no going back to being strangers. Not after everything they put each other through.

    Tristan pulled away from the breathing mask and let his head lull to the side, his gaze averting to the view behind Brandi.

    ''I'm sorry,'' He wheezed.

    Her smile wavers into a pout as she shakes her head. ''For what?''

    He takes another hit from the breathing mask, inhaling more oxygen before explaining, ''For scaring you. I heard you yelling for me from outside.''

    His voice was weak, almost to the point where you could barely make out any words spoken.

    ''I didn't mean to make you cry.''

    She shakes her head again. ''You don't need to apologize for that.''

    He remains silent, his gaze never once tearing away from the scene occurring behind her. The lack of eye contact grew curiosity throughout the conversation, so she turns around to witness a painful look flash across Bellamy features, taking slow steps away from his younger sister.

    ''Go ahead,'' He breathes out. ''I'll be fine.''

    Brandi whipped around with furrowed brows. ''But you just woke up.''

    ''That shouldn't stop you from living.''

    She exhales through her nostrils, realizing that this whole time, she thought she was awake, controlling and balancing all the wrongs and rights in her life, but she's never been so wrong. Her whole life went on pause and it took for Octavia to get hurt and to actually take a step on the battlefield to realize that she missed too much.

    Instead of helping Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Abby, Kane and everyone who needs as many hands as possible, and here she was stuck in a corner with her little brother, stuck in an unconscious medical state.

    Though it's only been a few days, leading up to a full week where Brandi's been in this sloppy state. The reality check was real, and it disgusted her.

    She lets her hand fall from the roots of his hair and gives his tight hand a squeeze before running off.

    ''She's a virgin,'' Octavia calls out to Tristan, once Brandi's out of the room. ''I'd like it to stay that way a little longer.''

    It was the first time, since he's woken up, where his lips twitch into a faint smirk, waving her off. She smiles greatly at him and rolls onto her back.

    ''Bellamy,'' Brandi calls after him, running up after him down the hallway. But he remained walking. ''Bellamy.''

    She manages to catch up to him, out of breath.

    ''Bellamy,'' She roughly breathes out. ''I know you heard me calling you. You okay?''

    ''Yup,'' He plops. ''Fine.''