↬ nine

nine - Thou Lies Our New Heda

The soft texture of the cream color fur throw welcomed a new sense of comfort to the brunette's whose strands angled in every direction, whether it was the headboard or her mouth.

Her body curled underneath the covers, her eyes remaining closed as she savors the moments of silence in her room while her body was conscious.

She knew she had to get up soon, but she enjoyed the warmth of the bed to make any subtle movements.

''Brandi?''

Her lips twitched into a sneer as her heavy eyes open wider to roll.

Titus had his head peeking into the room, holding onto the knob and gazing at the imprint of her knees that blocking the view of her contorted face.

''Heda is demanding you to get up. She may have agreed to you're arrangements but she's still in control'' Titus prompts, urging the girl to throw an arrow at the shiniest spot of his sleek forehead.

''Alright, Titus'' Brandi dismissed, waving him off as she stayed in her now slightly less uncomfortable position.

He was urging to say more but kept quiet, lingering behind the door for only a few more seconds before backing out the room, making sure to close the door behind him.

A strangled groan stiffles in her throat as Brandi pulls the covers over her head.

× × ×

''A kill order?'' Brandi scoffs.

Octavia stood beside both Brandi and Clarke, mimicking her same posture as they look at the blonde expectantly.

''We're trying to stop fighting with them, not give them more reasons to hate us, Clarke'' Brandi hissed, fiddling with her fingers that stuck to her stomach.

''Just let me talk to her, Brandi'' Clarke pleads but Brandi didn't think another deep conversation about feelings were going to resolve this.

''What if she doesn't listen to you? What if she doesn't change her mind, Clark?'' Brandi barked. ''Lexa might drop things easily when it comes to you, but at the end of the day, she still has a responsibility to take care of her people.''

''Would you rather talk to her?'' She counters, raising her arms pointing accusing fingers at her.

Brandi's lips twitch into a deceiving smirk as she tilts her head to the side. ''Yeah, I do. I'd rather talk to Lexa.''

''What if you say the wrong thing?'' Octavia wonders.

Her brunette locks swift when turning to look at the younger Blake who was staring at her curiously with her electrifying green eyes. She places a hand on her shoulder, letting her know to look up at her.

''I've known Lexa since she was born. If anything, Clarke and I are the only few people who can get through to her without having to die.''

The two snicker, knowing how easily petty Lexa can be when she doesn't get her way.

Brandi catches a glimpse of Octavia as her soft features fade. It wasn't long before she let out a sigh, earning Clarke attention.

''What happened?''

She shakes her head, her eyes glued to the ground as she mutters with distaste ''This is the second time she's left us all to die.''

''Octavia..'' Clarke starts. ''The twelve clans want a war, and you know that. Lexa's just trying not to wipe us out.'