0.9

They were in school, Cory was talking with Topanga on the phone while Shawn was sitting on the stairs with Johanna.

"Topanga, how could you be sick? I mean, you said you'd never catch a cold as long as you were taking that trout fluid." Cory said. Shawn and Johanna looked at each other with amusement; Johanna took the phone from Cory's hand "hey T, how are you feeling?" Topanga answered "hey Jo, i'm fine will you tell Cory to stop freaking out?" Johanna looked at Cory's worried face "yeah I got you"

Johanna could feel Topanga smiling through the phone "thanks Jo" Johanna replied "no problem, get well soon" Cory agressively grabbed the phone before Topanga hangs up and said "I miss you so much and I'll call you after next period Topi"

everyone muttered "aww" Cory rolled his eyes "Oh, drop dead. We're in love." Shawn quickly said "Do that again and I will hurt you." Johanna gave Shawn a look "Shawn leave lover boy alone" they started walking "Shawn, I'm not embarrassed about it. I mean, Topanga and I are seriouswe do everything together."

Johanna patted Cory's shoulder "you shouldn't be I'm proud of you" Cory gave her a smile "thanks Jo" she walked away.

____

Johanna was sitting on the couch, while Eric was removing their family portrait "Eric why are you removing this photo?" on cue, Shawn walked in and Eric said "Hey, Hunter, take this." Shawn took the portrate and said "okay" Johanna looked at him with disbelief "Shawn he didn't mean-" he left the house,

she stood up and hit the back of Eric's head "ouch what the hell was that for?" she sighed "you gave Shawn the portrait you idiot" Eric looked at her with confusion "so?" she took a deep breath not wanting to hit him again "it means that he'll take the picture home and he won't give it back" Eric shrugged "oh well"

Mr. Matthews entered the house with portrat in his hands "Eric, I had to wrestle this away from Shawn. He said you gave it to him." Eric hung a photo of a strange man and said "You can relax, Dad. With the money I'm gonna be making you, you can afford to buy yourself a whole new family."

Mr. Matthews muttered "Well, that's a very tempting offer right now." he looked at Johanna and said "do you know what's going on in here?" she threw her hands up "I don't know I came home from school and I saw him removing the portrait he won't tell me why"

Mrs. Matthews asked "Who is that poor man with the swollen head hanging over my fireplace?" Eric smiled "That man is gonna be paying for my college intuition." Johanna put her hand on her forehead "oh dear lord" Eric walked to his father "Where do I begin? Mom, Dad, I got one word for you. Baseball collectibles are hot."

"how much?"

"Only 200 macaroons." Johanna asked in disbelief "For a signed photo of Teddy "Beanbag" Bagwell?" Eric nodded eagerly "That man is a bum! No picture of the Bag is gonna be worth $200." he nodded "Obviously the guy didn't know what he had in his store." Johanna said "When you walked in I bet he did. " Eric gave her a look.

Johanna was sitting in the room reading a book, when she heard Eric call her. She sighed to herself and went downstairs to the living room "hey guys come on down, it's bag time!"

Mr. Matthews explained "All right, let me get this straight. Bagwell gets beaned two more times and then this worthless picture becomes a priceless treasure?" Eric smiled "You're proud of me, aren't you?" Johanna sat on the couch beside Eric, she looked at him and said "Eric this is stupid you're wasting your time" he shushed her.

Bagwell ended up quitting baseball which meant that Johanna was right all along "ha! I told you what you were doing was stupid but do you ever listen to me? no." he hit her shoulder "shut up, he's going to come back it's just a temporary thing" she nodded while patting his shoulders "yeah buddy keep lying to yourself"

Johanna was bored, she wanted a change in scenery "Eric let's go somewhere" he lifted his eyebrows "where do you wanna go?" she was thinking of places they could go to, she suddenly had a perfect plan "why don't we buy from Chubbies and then go to the movies? I haven't seen a movie in a very long time" he thought about it and agreed with the plan "let's do this"

They took the food that they bought from Chubbies to the movie, the theater was half empty. Johanna and Eric started eating "god I didn't realize I was that hungry" he laughed "slow down or you're going to end up eating me to" she rolled her eyes at his comment.

He looked at his food and realized that he ordered the wrong thing "isn't this chicken?" he asked Johanna, she looked at his sandwich; she lifted her eyebrows "dude that's beef" he gave her a quizzical look "aren't they the same?"Johanna flicked his forehead "dude come on"

Johanna gave an exasperated sigh, she suddenly laughed "god sometimes you do the stupidest things, but I don't think you're dumb. Okay I do think you're dumb but I do know you're smart. You're only problem is that you don't use your brain" Eric played with his hair, he looked at her and said

"you know me so well. I sometimes think you're the only one who believes i'm smart even though I do stupid things" she gave him a side smile and shook her head "you're wrong they do believe in you, you just can't see it yourself. They know you can do great things if you put you mind to it"

He smiled at her "thank you for believing in me" their were butterflies in Johanna's stomach, she never felt that away about Eric before and suddenly she has butterflies in her stomach and she's blushing. It's Eric, her best friend the guy she's known her whole life. The guy who's been there when her parents abandoned her. These feelings are so strange, alien to her.

Johanna smiled back at him, he opened his arms and she instantly leaned against him. He kissed her forehead and brushed his hands against hers which made her blush deeply.