Chapter 3

(Not edited :( Sorry!)

Chapter 3

Mr. S was the epitome of the perfect teacher, at least by most students' definition. He was very friendly, understanding, and hilarious but at the same time he wasn't afraid to lay down the law if a student misbehaved. I spent the rest of his class avoiding a certain blue-eyed boy, which posed to be almost impossible since Dayton spoke up a lot. He answered all of Mr. S's questions, and led some really in depth discussions.

From the minute he stepped into the class room I could sense his popularity vibe. It was not just the way he held himself with so much confidence, but also the way the girls clung to his every word and the guys looked at him with eyes full of respect. Dayton was smart, that much was very evident. In fact he was able to answer questions that Lynn, Nate nor I could. However at the same time it was also clear that this class was a complete joke to him. He made remarks that while smart, could be interpreted as being offensive and mocking. At first I thought Mr. S would kick him out of the class, as any of my past teachers would, instead he just raised his brow and smirked at Dayton, as though he enjoyed his student's witty remarks.

Once in a while I would feel a burning on the side of my head, and I knew that a certain pair of blue eyes were penetrating at me. I didn't know what it was about me that seemed to amuse Dayton so much. Maybe it was the fact that I had literally bumped into him in the midst of a hot make-out session, which had obviously led to a lot more. Or maybe it was the fact that I was a scholarship student, which at a school like this was almost equivalent to a seeing an imperiled animal on display at the local zoo. Whatever his reason was, I knew that he was constantly fixing his piercing gaze on me for his own personal amusement, and that made me angry.

"I have to say, I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this class." Mr. S leaned against his desk and looked down at his wrist watch. "It's about time to head to your next class, but be sure to bring your short essays to class tomorrow." He proclaimed just as the bell chimed through the announcement system.

I shoved my notebook into my bag and pulled out the campus map we got during orientation yesterday. I dragged it open as I rose out of my seat and stared down at the little rectangular shapes and names. As my brother always told anyone that would listen, I was book smart, not street smart, and I believe reading a map definitely required street smarts. I bit my lip as I looked down at the map in front of me, hoping it would just start talking to me, kind of like in Dora.

"Your lip is going to start bleeding if you keep biting it like that." A husky voice came and I instantly bit my lip even harder, because I knew exactly who that voice belonged to. I reluctantly looked up at a sparkling pair of blue eyes. Those blue eyes looked down at the map in my hands and raised a dark brow. It was really amazing how someone with such dark hair, could have such blue eyes. "Can I help you find something?" His gaze was back on my face, and slowly released my lip. I was speechless, guys like him never talked to me before, and I didn't know how to respond.

I was searching my mind frantically trying to compose a string of words together when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and found myself looking at Nate. "I know how to get there." He told me and then nodded his head at Dayton, as if to acknowledge him before he returned his brown eyes to me. "Come on, let's go." He said and gently grasped my upper arm.

I turned to Dayton with a polite smile and mumbled. "Thank you." Before turning and walking out of the classroom with Lynn and Nate.

Once we were a few feet away Lynn let out a loud squeal. "I can't believe it; he is not only handsome as sin, but he also sweet!" She exclaimed.

Nate scoffed at Lynn and looked down at both of us. "I don't know what that was in there." He pointed to the classroom we had just walked out of. "But Dayton is definitely not sweet. He would chew you both up and spit you out before you can even say his name. Trust me; it would do you both well to stay as far away from him as possible."