Chapter 2

Not Edited.

Chapter 2

It was the first day of school and saying that I was ecstatic would be an understatement. This has been my dream for so long, and having it finally come true now was surreal. Like every other girl at school, I took extra time today to get ready. I straightened out my naturally wavy blond hair, and applied a little more makeup than I usually did. I put on a cream colored dress and tan boots. My mom had helped me pick this outfit out since the day I got that acceptance letter. Wearing it now felt very comforting, almost like I had my mom with me now. I swear if it wasn't for my mom, I would have been a total slob. She was the one that taught me how to do my hair and makeup, she was the one that taught me to always carry a tube of lipstick and extra tampons in all my purses. Most girls learn a lot about beauty and fashion from their friends, but my friends back home were focused more on their studies, than their appearance. If it wasn't for my mom, I probably wouldn't have spent any time on my appearance either. I picked up my large tote bag filled with notebooks and pencils and went into the living room.

Lynn still wasn't there so I took that opportunity to send my mom and dad a quick message. They have been my biggest supporters through this whole process and not having them here to share this day with was a little sad. I had just pushed the send button my phone when Lynn walked into the living room.

"Good morning girl, are you ready to go?" She asked pulled out her hair from under her jean vest. She was adorned in a floral dress and gladiator sandals. Her red hair tumbled around her in massive curls, and the jean jacket she was wearing complimented her tones shoulders very well.

I nodded at her and slid my phone into my bag. "I'm so eager to start classes!" I announced cheerfully as Lynn pulled the door close behind.

Lynn giggled at me and slipped her arm around mine. "Girl, I am so eager to check out all the hot spoilt boys." She said making me laugh.

"I'm sure you'll find plenty of those here." I told her as we followed the signs to the cafeteria to get breakfast.

"Oh I better, or else all my hard work will be for nothing." Lynn joked and then turned to look at one of the boys that was passing by. "See? I don't know what it is, but rich boys are just so hot. Maybe they all drink some kind of special expensive water." She added thoughtful and I laughed at her once again. I was quickly realizing that being Lynn's roommate was going to push me well out of my comfort zone, but it was also going to be a complete blast.

The cafeteria was filled with students, but surprisingly we got our food fairly fast. Looking down at my tray of waffles, eggs, berries, and toast so early in the morning was a new experience for me. Back home both my parents worked to make ends meets, so most mornings we just had cereal for breakfast. We only cooked eggs, or made waffles when we decided to have breakfast for dinner.

Lynn and I were walking with our trays looking for a place to sit when a voice called out our names from a few feet away. We both turned to find Nate waving at us from a table with two empty seats. Smiling widely we approached the table and some of the students from last night seated there.

"Hi guys." I said sliding into one of the empty seats. "Thanks for letting us sit here."

"Seriously this place is packed!" Lynn exclaimed taking her own seat.

Everyone took their turn to say their hellos before returning to eating their food. We were halfway through our breakfast when Lynn pulled out her schedule, and requested everyone to so the same. We all compared our classes and saw that only a few of us had classes together.

"They do that every term; they want to separate the scholarship students so that the classes are more 'diverse'." Nate told us with a small shrug.

"Hey Aria, you me and Nate have four classes together!" Lynn announced enthusiastically as she looked at the three sheets of paper in front of her.