seventeen

Yoongi gave himself up to the police after Jimin died.

he had no reason to live anymore. he didn't want to stay out in the real world, so he let them punish him in prison.

he enjoyed it there. it was as lifeless as he felt. it distracted him from the absence of the love of his life. it made him forget all the pain.

every day he looked at the scars that faded his tattoos. every day he looked at the jewelry jimin gave him. every day his love hurt more and more.

it was yoongi's birthday the next morning when he killed himself.

he killed himself just as the dot turned to March ninth. he shot a bullet just where jimin was shot, not thinking twice.

nobody was able to figure out why he did it. or how he got the gun.

but some people knew. hoseok knew, so did taehyung, jin, and namjoon. they knew yoongi killed himself because being without jimin was too horrible.

it was too horrible for yoongi to live with the fact that Jimin's death was on his hands. it was too horrible to know that yoongi promised jimin would be okay, and then jimin died later right before him. he could've done something, his brain was fast enough. but it was punishment. he was paralyzed, but he thought he could have broken free and saved jimin.

it was all too much. yoongi went phsyco.

all four of yoongi's only friends left and his mom attend his funeral. other family members and old friends do too, but they're people who left yoongi's life a long time ago.

the boys and mrs min are in their own little group, the closest to the coffin. they all cry, even hoseok, who cheated on him and called him pathetic. Taehyung invited his new but old boyfriend, jungkook. jungkook knew yoongi, kind of. he helped him when a man stole his items. they all had a chance to speak at the mic. jin, taehyung, and Hoseok refused. but namjoon felt he had to.

"yoongi was a good man. through thick and thin, he's been able to remain strong. and I admire him for that. he was always special to me, and I've loved him forever. I could never have done anything without him, and for that i love him and bless his soul. I don't have much to say before I get emotional. i love you, yoongs," namjoom says the last part quietly, his voice shaking and tears landing on the mic.

mrs. park gets too emotional to speak. so the funeral ends after everyone's had their fair share. hours and hours of sobbing and reminiscing. swimming through good memories, stuck on the past.

yoongi is buried with the only thing of impotortance he left behind. one little note he left in his cell just before the bullet took away his life.

for you, park jimin.