Chapter Eleven

Damien's POV-

I fall to the ground, groaning. I feel a heavy weight on my chest and look up only to realize that it's Annie. "Hey, can you get off me."

Then I notice that she has fainted. The pressure must have overwhelmed her since she has been stressed lately.

I notice that we are at my house, so I pick her up bridal style and go in. I lay her on my bed and notice how dirty my room is. I start to clean my room and noticed that it was almost eleven at night. I pick up some clothes as my dad walks into the room. He notices Annie the bed sleeping. He looks at me and says, "Why is she in your bed?"

"No I didn't do anything Dad. She fainted when Aria teleported us here."

He nods, smiles, and walks out of my room. I look at Annie and sit beside her on the bed. I start having flashbacks to when Shun was alive, and I started to drift off into a deep sleep.
(:)(:)(:)
I open my eyes to see darkness everywhere. Then I notice a dark figure go across my window. I stand up and look out of it. I don't see anything, but then I notice yellow glinting through the window. I open my window and jump out to find out what it it is. Then it just walks up to me and starts to purr.

"Aww, you're so cute."

It's a lion cub, but I wonder why it's out here and all alone. I take it inside and start to examine it. It looks like a regular lion cub, but then I notice it has wings and small gills on the side of its face. It has webbed feet and its eyes look like a burning fire.

"I'm gonna call you Leroy."

He purrs at the sound of his name and licks me on the face. I laugh and take him upstairs. I lay him next to Annie and tell him to stay. I lay next to the bed and we fall asleep yet again.
(:)(:)(:)
I wake up and notice Leroy looking at me, his tail swinging around. Annie is still asleep so I take Leroy off the bed and we go downstairs. I fix breakfast and give Leroy some ham. After we were finish, I head upstairs to my room.

I grab some clothes and go to my bathroom to take a shower. I bathe Leroy while I'm in there too. I pack a bag and left a note on the bed for Annie when she wakes up. Then I pick up Leroy and we leave. I feel the warmth of the sun on my face as I walk outside.

Suddenly, I jolt awake. Actually awake.

"You okay?" Annie asks me.

"Yeah," I tell her. "I just had a dream."

"Ah." She nods. "I had one too."

"I'll tell you mine first," I say and she grins. "All it had was this weird lion thing."

"In my dream, we were killed by Aralynn," she confesses softly.

"Don't worry about that," I tell her. "You have a boyfriend who will take care of you."

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much," she says but she's still grinning anyway. "Anyway, where are we?"

"Mortal world," I tell her, looking around at my room. "We're actually at my house right now."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I say and check the clock. "Its 5:26 a.m. When do you want to go searching for Nailea?"

"Soon," she says. "How will we find her?"

"Maybe we could start at the library," I suggest. "They might have an idea."

"That's a good plan," she says, smiling. "Let's rest for a couple more hours and then we'll be off."

"Perfect."