1. This is Aliyah we're talking about!

Start from the beginning

"Aliyah!" Asiyah groaned. "No!"

"Please? Please, please, please?" I continued to beg.

"Why don't you ask Asif to do it for you? Since he bought you the dress, he should even do your makeup, right?" Asiyah said, and started giggling. 15 year olds! I thought.

"Fine. It's alright. Don't do it. I'll do it myself. Then when I leave for university, you'll miss me. There will be no one for you to talk to, considering how Asif and Arif never spend time at home. You'll be lonely! And there will be no one to make you your favourite type of Mexican food that Mr. Suhail never makes. It's okay, Asiyah. I'll do my own makeup!" I said, trying to emotionally blackmail my sister.

"Fine!" She muttered, and came upto the dresser where I was sitting. "If it turns out to be bad, then don't blame me!"

"Asiyah, please don't ruin it, though. I want it done nicely!" I told her.

Half an hour later, Asiyah was done with my makeup. I was completely ready. Since the dress was long-sleeved and decent, I didn't need an abaya. I looked at my reflection for the last time in the full-length mirror.

"You look pretty, MashaAllah, sis!" Asiyah said.

"Aww, thanks, baby!" I said, turning around to pinch her cheek.

"I'm not a baby!" Asiyah said, pouting.

"You're four years younger than me so you are a baby!" I replied, smirking.

"Anyway, you know, you look just like dad!" Asiyah said, attempting to change the topic.

She was right. I did actually look like our father. I had his jet black hair which was covered under my hijab. And his grey eyes, thick lips and tanned complexion. I had also inherited dad's height, so I ended up being quite tall. Dad and I were the only ones in the family with light eyes, everyone else had mum's dark eyes. As for Asiyah, she looked just like our brothers.

"Yeah, I do. And you look like Asif and Arif," I said.

"Talk of the devils!" Asiyah said, rolling her eyes. Looking towards the door, I saw both of my brothers standing there, with identical expressions. Arif and Asif were my 17 year old, identical twin brothers, and to the rest of the world, they were impossible to tell apart.

"Hey clones! What are you upto?" I greeted.

"Nothing much!" They both said simultaneously.

"Stop doing that!" They said, once again at the same time, glaring at one another.

"Quit it!" They both hissed at each other, simultaneously again.

That always happened with them and it never failed to crack us up. Or for that matter, anyone who was present. Asiyah and I both started laughing, and their glares shifted to us.

"Don't laugh!" They both snapped at the same time.

"Okay...stop...stop...both...of you!" I said, between laughs.

"Had your fun? We came here to tell you that mum and dad said we should leave now because we might get traffic on the way!" Arif growled, frowning at us.

"Okay, bro. We're coming. Aliyah is ready. And hey, Aliyah? Didn't you say you wanted to kill Asif or something like that?" Asiyah said.

It was so funny how shy and reserved Asiyah was in front of strangers but when she was with us, she could talk so easily and have absolutely no problem with being herself.

"Maybe after the event," I told Asiyah, obviously knowing that I'll probably forget all about me being pissed off at Asif.

We followed the twins out of our mansion which people liked to refer to as a 'palace', and to the Escalade waiting for us outside with dad in the driver's seat and mum in the passenger's seat. The four of us got in and dad drove off to the school where the graduation was to be held.