II

Emily's POV:

"Emily! Emily!" Helena runs after me, shouting my name in a confused tone, but I ignore her and continue dashing to the front of the school.

Once I reach the exit, I'm not sure what to do. Usually, we all ride on the bus together but they're not here, and I need to think without being disturbed by noise.

Helena nearly catches up with me so I just keep racing. At one point though, I just break down and lean against a random person's car door. I drop down to my knees and the sobs come out, loud and clear.

"Emily." Helena manages to utter after chasing me for nearly five minutes now without a break. She's panting.

"I thought you were fit?" I question weakly.

She laughs. "When I want to be. No point in using up my energy for your slow ass."

I burst into unexpected laughter, and she grins and sits next to me.

After we've calmed down and silence has surrounded us, she finally exclaims, "I saw."

Tears are brought to my eyes again after I acknowledge him with someone else for the second time.

She places her hand upon mine. "He doesn't deserve you," she whispers.

I shake my head furiously. "No." I say firmly. "I don't deserve him. I've never been good enough for him."

"Emily!" She responds in a shocked tone. "What did I tell you before? You're awesome. And you keep forgetting that. It's his loss. He's blind if he can't see the perfection in you."

'Perfection'.. Helena thinks I have perfection. A tingle runs down my body as I register this.

I turn my head to look at her and see that she's done the same. Our faces are just inches apart from each other, I can hear her breath on my face, see her pupils dilating, and I'm sure she can see everything of me too.

She leans forward, just a little bit, and my heart starts beating rapidly.

As she nearly lands her lips on mine, I pull away quickly. I scramble around and manage to get back on my feet. She sits there, shocked and puzzled, and I just grab my bag before walking away hurriedly.

"I'm going to go now. Bye." I yell, even though I don't want to. She's weird.

She likes me? She tried to kiss me.

I'm not a lesbian, nor am I bisexual. There is no way I'd ever do anything to her in that way.

I want to confront her but my thoughts are too jumbled for me to actually say something.

I shake my head and start running to the bus stop, hoping to catch a bus earlier than when she comes.

As I wait at the bus stop, rain starts pouring down. I stand there, thinking about today's events, and how much I already loathe high school.

€¥€$ €¥€$ €¥€$ €¥€$ €¥€$ €¥€$

I lay there on my bed, holding my phone in my right hand. Without being able to call Jasper and Helena – both of whom I've had problems with today – I practically have nothing to do.

I'm about to count the dots on the ceiling because my life is that tedious, when I suddenly realise that I have Violet's number.

I immediately text her, hoping to rid of my boredom through her.

Hey.

Hi!

You free? I'm not up to anything today, and I feel like doing something.