"The aunty from fourth floor has sent you some food, if you are hungry, have it." He said and dashed inside the bedroom.

Nandini and Chirag both looked at each other, flabbergasted.

"Ab tak to sab thik tha... aap ke aate hi superman ka fuse udd gaya..correct bola tha, larkiyon ka shortcircuit hota hai."

"Whatttt???"

"CHIRAAAAAGGGGG!!!!" Manik, who could clearly hear him, thanks to this tiny apartment, summoned him from the bedroom.

"Mmmmm.. Kuch nahi.." Chirag pressed his palm over his mouth "Wrong answer miss...wo main kisi aur question ka answer bol gaya" he replied before running inside. He knew he had royally screwed up.

Nandini couldn't make sense of either, Manik's anger or Chirag's comment. She stood clueless for a while, staring at the half inch gap between the wall & the bedroom door. She could see, some sort of a conversation going on, in there, inside the bedroom, between her palm tree and the bonsai, but those two were clever enough to keep it as low as a muffed whisper. Frustrated she went to the bathroom to change out of her dirty soaked clothes.

She was still not done with the bath when the power returned. As she stepped out and took a good look at her surroundings, she wondered if someone had run a road roller in her house. It reminded her, of her days, as her now husband and the then enemy's SPOT. Not much had changed, except that now, she couldn't swear at him and call him a monster. She quietly entered the bedroom where the two musketeers sat as statues in one corner and started picking things up and putting them back in place.

She could feel Manik's side wise glances, following her, yet he wouldn't talk. In 20 minutes, she cleaned the bedroom and in the next 15 minutes, the rest of the house. Then she made two cups of coffee and one cup of hot chocolate for Chirag. But when she went in with a tray carrying the three mugs, she realized Manik wasn't there.

Even before she could ask, Chiraag gestured towards the door. This was getting on Nandini's nerves now. Why wasn't Manik talking to her? And she didn't even know why? She had only been worried for him all day, especially after that call in the afternoon. All she had been thinking of, was when she would finally get to rush home and hug him, but now that she was here, forget hugging, he was behaving like an overgrown version of a 3 year old stubborn child, who even refused to look her way. Nandini dashed out, leaving the coffee on the table to run cold.

There he was, sitting on the stairs. Theirs was the top floor, just below the terrace. The door to the terrace was closed, as it was still raining torrentially. "Manik tum yahan kyun chale aaye? Come, I have made coffee for us." She said leaning against the railing, her hair, still dripping.

"I don't want coffee."

"Ok chalo I will make tea for you."

"I said I don't want anything..why are you bugging me.. Why don't you just leave me alone?"

"Leave you alone? Like seriously? Is that why I rushed from office, almost slipping in the mud, taaki I see you sulking here."

"Exaactly!!!" His piled up anger bubbled up as he was suddenly consumed with seething rage. "You always have to be a hero, always have to show that you can do everything alone. Who told you to return alone? Did I not tell you to call me an hour in advance?"

"Yes, you had, but Manik, I didn't want to call you in the middle of this storm. Look outside...its nasty and you don't even have an umbrella. Wo to mushkil se ek autowala is taraf aane ke liye raazi hogaya warna.."

"Warna what Nandini? Say na warna what? Warna you would have been stranded in the middle of this catastrophe. Har cheez mein yeh prove karne ki zaroorat nahi hai that you are strong. I know you are, may be stronger than most people, but you don't have to prove it like this."