Chapter 2 - My Mate's an asshole...

Start from the beginning

"I'm ready!" I call out to the others, watching as they both emerge from their rooms with their own school bags.

"Let's go!" Amy yells happily as we head downstairs.

How the hell can someone be this energetic in the morning?

With a quick goodbye to Richard and Louisa, we exit the house and all pile into Amy's car. 

It's only then that the dread starts forming in the pit of my stomach.

I'm going to have to face Justin today, I'm going to be rejected and picked on and it is not going to be fun...

Great.

Me and Amy are sat in the front whilst Jess sits in the back, chattering away to her sister as we drive nearer and nearer to the place I've officially labelled as 'Hell'.

When we get to school, Amy and Jess both go to get out of the car, but Amy pauses when she realises I'm not moving.

"Hey, Luce, you alright?" she asks, looking over at me.

"Yeah, I'm-" I start to say, but I practically choke on the reply as the rich scent of apple and cinnamon drifts through Amy's open door.

Oh, crap.

"I'm alright," I say quickly, opening my own door and climbing out fast. "Let's just get inside, yeah?"

"Okay..." Jess says slowly, the pair of them obviously knowing that I'm far from alright but deciding not to push it.

We all make our way towards the main building where our lockers, the cafeteria, the teacher's offices, and the main core classes are held.

I make sure to keep my eyes glued to the ground as I walk, not wanting to see the asshole that seems to be ruining my entire life.

Mine, Jess's and Amy's lockers are all down the same corridor, but Jess's is right down the other end of my side and Amy's is somewhere in the middle but on the opposite side of the corridor.

When we reach the lockers, I open mine up and grab out all the books I need for first and second lesson before dumping the rest that I don't need and slamming the metal door shut with a bang.

"I'll see you later guys, I've got to run, I have a test paper that I have to catch up on in maths," Amy calls out before giving a quick wave and heading off down the corridor towards the math department, leaving me and Jess calling out a 'bye' after her.

Jess joins me at my locker and we both lean up against the metal.

"So, you going to tell me what the hell is going on?" she asks as I scan the room to make sure he's not around.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking back at her.

"Don't give me that, me and Ames aren't stupid babe, something's going on with you," Jess replies.

I sigh. "Look, I can't tell you here... how about tonight at home?"

"This is serious, isn't it?" she asks, looking at me curiously, slight worry seeping into her voice. "I mean, more than just some dickhead bullying you."

"Well," I say, rubbing the back of my neck, not sure what to say. "I wouldn't say it's serious serious... more like... extremely unfortunate. Although it does involve a dickhead if that helps."

"It doesn't."

"Oh."

"And you're really not going to tell me until tonight?" she asks, sounding a mixture of confused and curious.