02 - he's jealous?

The next day, Mina slung her backpack over her shoulders and adjusted the straps as she slid her feet into her shoes. "Okaa-san~ I'm going," she called out to her mom as she turned the doorknob.

"See you after school, Mina." Her mom waved. "Have a good day at school today."

Mina headed out of the apartment and made her way down to the first floor down the stairs. She gently tapped her left shoe against the last step to adjust it and glanced out the front door at the sky. She moved to walk out of the door when she heard:

"Mina? Is that you?"

She turned to see Mark making his way down the steps behind her. Mina felt her chest tighten seeing him and bowed her head slightly at him. He stepped off the last stair to the empty spot next to her.

Okay... I guess it didn't go away overnight... great, she thought as her heart skipped a beat when Mark shot her a friendly smile.

"Good morning," he greeted. "You live here, too?" He casually slipped his hands into the pockets on his uniform blazer as he spoke.

'Too?' Mina thought as she nodded. "Yeah... Third floor."

"Ah, I'm on the second. 207," Mark said as he gestured up the stairs using a quick nod as if pointing with his chin. "Are you taking the bus to school, or do you have a bike?"

"I was actually planning on walking," said Mina, her hands tightening around her backpack straps. Oh no... why does he have to live near me? she thought, her eyes following as Mark went over to the bike stand near the front door.

"You can ride on the back of my bike if you want," said Mark, unlocking the chain from his bike. "I don't mind and I'd rather not let you walk to school by yourself. You might run into some weirdoes." Mina didn't know why, but she somehow had the impression that Mark was talking about Jackson when he emphasized on the word "weirdoes."

"Um," she started following Mark out onto the street, "I'd really hate to be a bother. I don't mind walking. It's not that far."

"No, really. I insist," said Mark. He swung his leg over his bike and pat the backside of it for Mina to sit on. "Hop on."

Mina bit her bottom lip debating whether she really should but she did anyway. She sat on it with no further arguments and adjusted her seating until she was comfortable. "Thanks," she whispered soft enough for Mark to hear as he rode off.

A smile formed on Mark's face that Mina didn't see. "You can hold onto me if you need to."

Mina nodded slightly forgetting that Mark wasn't looking at her. She put a hand to her chest feeling her heart thumping. Why is my heart being like this, she thought.

Only five minutes later and they arrived at school. As they were passing through the gate, Mina noticed Momo and Sana walking up toward the school building. She yelled out to them and waved. Both Japanese girls stared at her as she hopped off of the back of Mark's bike.

"Ohayou! (Good morning!)" Mina greeted them happily.

"Ohayou," Sana said back.

"You came to school with him?" Momo asked, her eyes on Mark as he locked his bike to the bike stand.

Mina looked back at Mark and smiled softly. "Yeah. He gave me a ride." She looked back at Momo and Sana. "Apparently, we live in the same building and he insisted that I ride with him."

"Heol..." Momo said. "Can I move in with you? I'll sleep on the couch."

Both Mina and Sana giggled and the three girls made their way into the school building. Jaebum, who overheard and saw what happened, let out a breath. He placed his hands on his hips watching as Mark went into the school building. "What are you playing at?" He mumbled.