First Kisses - 10

I woke up with a green bruise on my jawbone, and for once, it wasn't from my mother. She was leaving tonight before I got home for her conference, reminding me that I was supposed to be going to see Taming of the Shrew with River this weekend.

To say I wasn't scared shitless would be a lie.

I made my way down the highway on my bike with the same wolves around me, following along the trails of the forest. I had to confront him today, especially since he was so reckless and careless regarding his wolves. I just had to hold in my wolf and witch and the bull shit that comes along with it.

I pulled into the parking lot and tried to hide how excited I got when I saw Rivers face visibly brighten at just the sound of my bike. I shut off the engine just as he reached me, my hair picking up with my helmet. I shook it out with my fingers, my green eyes looking up to meet Rivers guilty blue ones.

"God I'm such a dick." I shrugged slightly as I swung my leg over my bike, picking my bag out from the small compartment on the back.

"I'm okay." I brushed my thumb along his jaw, noting how his eyes darkened and shivers erupted under his skin.

He reached forward but I flinched out of reflex, but he took it a completely opposite way. His eyes fell and his shoulders slumped, his body turning as he muttered something to himself. I felt my world crash, I knew he felt guilty but it wasn't him who should be feeling it but me.

"River, wait!" He turned as I ran and closed the short distance, smashing my lips to his. He froze under my shirt kiss, my lips pulling away moments after they met his. "It's not your fault I flinched, I, I'm sorry."

He stared at me with his bright blue eyes, looking deep into mine like he was trying to get into my soul. He gave up searching for whatever it was and pressed his lips to mine, but instead of the rushed one I had given him, this one was full of the passion I had to hold back.

I felt his love pour through the bond as his lips moved with mine. I always heard about the first kiss between soul mates being described as extraordinary, but this was seriously the best thing I had ever felt. It made all the punches worth it. All the cuts and broken bottles full of alcohol, all the whips and the names, it made every single second I had spent in agony worth it.

Holy shit I was kissing River.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

He pulled away reluctantly, both of our chests heaving up and down as we tried to suck in air. His forehead leaned against mine as his eyes shut, his breath spraying across my face. I smelt his tooth paste and morning coffee, my wolf crying for another kiss.

'We could just whisk him away, and tie him up, and never let him leave the room!'

'Such a good idea Alicia, oh how did you come up with such a genius plan?!' I commented back sarcastically, my hands shockingly making their way through his hair. I felt him shiver under my touch, my lip rolling between my teeth to stop myself from pressing them to his skin.

'It is! I mean, we could just mark him, and make him ours, and never let any other she-bitch touch or even look at him!'

'I think you mean she-wolf?'

'I mean she-bitch.' She growled in my head, causing me to buckle just as the bell rang. His eyes opened at the sound, his ocean eyes staring at me like I was a shooting star.

"I, Alaska I," Andrew chose the perfect moment to walk up to River with a guilty expression, his eyes narrowing in on the bruise along my jaw.

"Andrew, its fine." His eyes flashed black a second before he shut them, taking a deep breath to calm his wolf.