Australia; Chapter 2

I looked out the window to the glimmering sea, the sun reflecting off in a tangerine glow. I could see it clearly because my attic window was perched high above the other houses. The shore was just a few hundred yards away, closer than I had ever been to the ocean. I never exactly got the chance to visit a beach in New York. My parents both hated it, said it was a wretched place even through its sandy beauty. Me though? I thought it was spectacular. The first thing I did as soon as we pulled up to our new house here is run down to the shore. One thing off the bucket list!

The house was eerly quiet tonight. With Sean at college back in the US, the only human noise I had to rely on now was the television and Mom, but you couldnt really rely on her either. Since the beginning of the setup of the new Bellsong offices and studio, she was out of the house 24/7. She was put in charge to supervise the entire operation of the production of the place, and she was so stressed and tired she hadnt even came home to make dinner tonight as she has been doing every night since we arrived in our new home. I missed the sounds of her sewing machine, and Seans pencil sharpener that drived me crazy. He took that sharpener with him to college, the damn thing was so old that instead of sharpening them it just broke it. But Sean was too stubborn, and just because I told him to get rid of it, he refused to. He said it was his lucky sharpener, but I knew he was just hardheaded.

Now I had nothing better to do but sit on my satin bedspread with my laptop and mess around on Facebook and Tumblr. What a productive night. Looking at the clock in the corner of my screen, I realized it was only 6:00, and it wouldnt be dark for nearly another hour and a half or more. Happily shutting my laptop, I crossed my room to my dimly lit walk-in closet and selected loose-fitted denim shorts, purple flipflops, and a purple cardigan to go over my grey tank. Grabbing my keys, sunglasses and money, I headed for the shore.

~~~~~~~~

Laying on my back, spawled out in the sand, my toes just barely skimmed the foamy surface of the saltwater thats' fingers grasped at my belongings that were thrown aside. Sunglasses shading my eyes from the dying sun, my lids began to drift shut just as sand was thrown in my face.

I sputtered all over the place, shooting up, pawing at my mouth, tongue, nostrils and eyes. The sand tasted bitter against the mint that I had been eating. I turned around, furious at the passerby who had obviously done it out of blatant amusement and spite. But when I turned, my gaze was met with a tangle of hysterical arms and legs, clutching its own stomch in a whirl of laughter.

"Im- Im so-" the boy managed to sputter before bursting out into a fit of chuckles again. My face said bewilderment and anger, when even I was the slightest bit amused by this boy and his happy disposition. "Im so sorry, it was an accident!" he managed to choke out while coughing at a steady beat, his eyes trained on mine and a joyful smirk playing at his lips.

"Im sure it was," I replied sarcastically, but he knew I was joking and just smiled at me. We sat cross-legged talking and giggling in the sand about the occasion for several minutes before I realized how adorable he was.

He was definitely not as attractive as Austin, but he was surely up there. His hair was a dark dirty blonde, and his eyes were midnight blue, almost black. He was wearing blue plaid shorts with a tshirt and beaded necklace. I noticed quickly that he had one ear peirced. "Im sorry about that really,'' he said smirking, but I knew he meant it.

"Wait a second... Is that a Bellsong shirt?" I asked. He nodded happily, and I gasped. Bellsong wasnt here in Australia yet, and suddenly I noticed he didnt have an Australian accent. "Thats really funny! My mom owns the company, well she did, but she sold... But shes still in charge. Are you from the US?" I asked curiously, realizing we were walking towards the pier now, near the shops.

"Thats right," he smiled. "I assume you are too?" I gave him a curt nod and he broke out into a playful grin. "Finally someone from America! Do you know how hard it is to come by one of us these days? I moved here close to 2 years ago and I think you are only the 20th or so person Ive met who's moved here too!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Twenty doesnt seem that bad... if you live under a rock," I laughed. "This is a big tourist location, you cant actually tell me that more people havent moved here!"

"Well then, just call me Patrick and move me next to a pineapple, I must live under a rock then," he chuckled with a wink.

"Will do, Patrick!" I smiled, arriving near the site of my newest favorite smoothie place in Sydney, Down Under Cafe. I suddenly felt my feet moving towards the door, and 'Patrick' just seemed to go with it, following me in. I went straight up, ordered a gauva smoothie, and sat at the nearest table.

"You can call me Brian though. Brian Daniels," he said, sitting down after making his order. Brian Daniels was a good name, strong and tough, definitely not matching this kid's cheery and optimistic attitude.

"Brianna Bellsong," I said, going up to pay, but Brian came up behind me and slid a ten onto the counter.

"On me," he said with a wink. Austin may be more attractive physically, but Brian was definitely in the lead now. Wow, I must be wrong in the head, scoring these two strangers on their attractiveness and personalities. Oh well, Ill accept my insanity then.

Brian and I ended up walking straight up to my front door, talking about trivial things like age, television, politics, and school. Turns out he goes to the same school as me and we have lunch together. We exchanged numbers and promised to find eachother at lunch, right before he grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. He is muscled in all the correct spots. Leaner than Austin but still strong and powerful, and not as tall, maybe 5' 9" or taller.

"Bye Brianna!" he calls, jogging away with a wave and wink. I stand up on my toes to wave to him, but he disappears before I can call out, "Bye Patrick!"

~~~~~~~

My shower was warm and relaxing, the water spraying my hands in deep strong pistols but massaging my body too. I caressed my hair in a new shampoo, Spring Lillies by Bellsong, and hummed Nicki Minaj's new song. Suddenly, I had an epiphany, jumped out of the shower, hair still soapy and foamed, and ran to my laptop with nothing on but a towel.

----------

Is it too early for teams!? xo

So guys! Whatcha think? You like?

Comment & fan me pretty please!

Much obliged (does little cowboy tip the hat thingy) !

Hehe, what do guys think the epiphany is? What could she have realized that was so important?

Im making a weak attempt at humor guys, bear with me here.

xoxoxo