Thunderstorm

Jungkook POV

  Today my classmate, Park Chaeyoung, is going to come over to work on a project that our Literacy teacher assigned.  It was a book project of some sort, and we both happened to be reading the same book.  I would have been fine with having her over only if she wasn't my crush.  That makes things a little bit more awkward for me. 

  I've had a crush on her ever since she started talking to me last year.  She's kind, funny, and smart.  She's a full package.  She wasn't what you called a social butterfly, but she wasn't shy either.  I'm what you call a social butterfly.  Everyone in school knows me, even the janitors.  According to everyone, my crush on her is very obvious, but apparently it's not obvious enough because she hasn't noticed it. 

  I gave her roses for her birthday this year- kind of.  Jin, a senior friend of mine, forced me to.  He said something about her friends calling her Rosie- why they call her that, I have no idea.  I questioned why he knew that, but he managed to escape because of the bell.  He's not going to be so lucky the next time I see him.  Anyway, Chaeyoung dismissed the idea of the roses being a confession.  She thought it was a friendship thing..... She's pretty slow. 

  "Jungkook!  Your friend is here!" My mom hollers from downstairs.

  I took a deep breathe, beginning to jog downstairs after doing so.  I see her.  She's wearing gray jogging pants, and a light pink sweater.  It's casual wear, but she still looks adorable.

  "Up here!" I announce, waving my right hand to indicate my location.

  She smiles once she found me, and then slowly made her way upstairs.  Once she made it up, I gesture for her to follow me to my room. 

  "Jungkook, keep the door open!" My mom yells from downstairs.

  "Ok mom!" I yell back, embarrassed, "I wasn't going to do anything anyway." I mutter under my breathe. 

  Chaeyoung showed no signs of hearing what I just said, so I sigh a breathe of relief.

  Chaeyoung is currently examining my room, taking it all in.  She probably couldn't believe the fact that I'm a clean person.  I hate seeing stuff disorganized; it bothers me.  Chaeyoung finishes her investigation, turning towards me.

  "I wasn't expecting your room to be this clean, but I'm not complaining." She sits down on my computer chair, "so, have you started the project yet?"

  I shake my head, "I wanted to bounce ideas with you first."

  She begins to nod, but then flinches at the event going on outside.  "Okay, so what did you think the theme-" she stops upon hearing the thunder again.  I notice her right hand holding her left hand quite tightly.  Her left hand's turning white.

  "Hey, Chaeyoung, are you okay?" I question, concerned.

  "I- I'm okay," she stutters, "I'm not a big fan of thunder is all," she explains.

  "I'm okay with doing this another day if you're not comfortable with the thunder," I offer.

  "No, it's-" she flinches again after hearing the thunder, "fine." She finishes weakly.

  "What do you usually do to keep yourself calm in the thunder?" I ask, wanting to help.

  She blushes a bit, "Well, it's a bit embarrassing," I nod my head to show her she could go on, "my mom usually comes in to engulf me in a hug, and then I'd be okay."

  I consider the idea, but grow flustered at the thought of hugging her.  I was about to drop the idea, but I notice how she was quivering.  She looks so scared. 

  "Would you," I began, hesitant, "be okay with me hugging you?  You know, if it would help," I gulp, "If you don't want to, it's okay." I quickly added.

  A small smile forms on her face, "Since you're a friend that I trust," Ouch.  Friend-zoned, oh well. "I'd be comfortable.  Thank you."

  I push myself away from the door after leaning on it, making my way to her spot.  I begin to blush again once I reach her. 

  "Can you stand?  It would make hugging easier." I say sheepishly.

  She stands.  She's close to my height, but she's still shorter.  We're so close to each other that I can hear her breathing.  I hope she couldn't hear my heartbeat.  I close the space in between us as I wrap my arms around her waist.  A few seconds pass.

  "Are you okay now?" I whisper into her ear.

  "A little.  I don't feel so scared anymore." I can feel her voice vibrate from my back.

  "That's good.  Just know that I'm here for you Chaeyoung, okay?" I say.

  "Thank you Jungkook." She says in reply.

  I pull away.  "Feeling better?"

  "Much better." She replies with gratitude.

  "Okay, so let's get back to our project."

A/N: This is pretty short compared to my previous ones, but I hope you guys still enjoyed it.  Requests are welcomed!  I also wanted to say how shocked I am with the views and vote.  Like, 700+ views and 60+ votes? Wow. I appreciate every single one of you. Thank you. Until next time~

NOTE: PICTURES AND EDITS ARE NOT MINE. CREDITS TO RIGHTFUL OWNERS.