Chapter 19: The Point is...: Jacob

Florence + The Machine-Breath of Life (from Snow White & The Huntsman Soundtrack)

We reach the house and find Alice standing outside, waiting for us.

"Are you okay?! I've been worried sick!" Alice says, freaking out on Renesmee.

"I'm fine, Alice. I'm pregnant, that's all." Renesmee says.

"Yeah, I know that. I fear of what the child will be."

"What do you mean?" I ask Alice, but she ignores my question and turns back to Renemsee.

"Can I talk to you privately?" Alice asks Renesmee.

"Of course." Renesmee says and gives me one more glance before walking into the house. Soon after, I follow them into the house to find Edward glaring at me.

"You did this to her!" He yells as he comes at me, but is held back by Bella.

"Edward, it wasn't his fault." Bella says.

"Exactly. She let me do it." I say.

He doesn't say anything else; he just looks at me and walks away with Bella following him, probably to calm him down. I swear, that guy has a bad temper over everything. I thought.

I got bored for a little bit so I decided to go on the Cullens' computer to entertain myself. At first, I didn't know what to look up, but then, an idea formed in my head as I remembered what Alice said to Renesmee.

"I fear of what the child will be."

What does she mean by will be? I looked up information on vampires and werewolves and I couldn't believe what I found out. I quickly got up from the chair and decided to take a nap on the couch to calm down.

*Renesmee's POV*

Alice grabs my wrist and drags me to her room and locks the door. This must be serious for her to act this way.

"Did you have another vision?" I ask.

"Yes and this one's about your child. What she'll become." Alice says.

"Wait, she? I'm going to have a daughter?"

"Yeah. She's very beautiful."

"So, what will she become?" I ask, slightly curious and nervous.

"Well, when she's born, she won't be human."

"That's a good thing, right? It was for me."

"Yes and no. She'll be immortal, but not fully."

"What are you talking about? Just get to the point."

She leaves out a sigh of defeat and says, "The point is, your daughter will be a hybrid, like you."

My eyes widen at that statement and I suddenly find it hard to breathe. My daughter will be a hybrid?! The Volturi would want to kill her. I thought to myself as I walked outside for some air.

*Jacob's POV*

       I appear to be in a dark forest under the full moon

I appear to be in a dark forest under the full moon. I thought I was alone, but then I heard footsteps running towards me. I turn towards the noise to find Renesmee running in the moonlight. I try to move towards her, but I can't move. It was only a dream.

She bends down on her knees and puts her head in her hands, screaming in pain. That's when I realize what's going on. She's transforming into a werewolf. And it's her first transformation. The first one is always the worst.

A few minutes of unbearable pain and loud screaming occurring in the dark forest was hard for me to process watching it. Seeing her in pain kills me.

Luckily, the transformation stops and in front of me is a tan wolf. Almost like me, but lighter. I knew right away that it was Renesmee. She was beautiful.

       The scenery around me changes to a large field of green grass and green trees

The scenery around me changes to a large field of green grass and green trees. In the center was a battle between the vampires and werewolves and the Volturi. Again.

       In the distance, I can see Renesmee in her wolf form, attacking and biting

In the distance, I can see Renesmee in her wolf form, attacking and biting. But what I also see not far from her is Jane using her powers on Renesmee. Suddenly, Renesmee stops fighting and growls, trying to fight the pain. Alec appears in front of her and wraps his arms around Renesmee's neck. I hear a loud snap as he breaks her neck and drops her. My heart breaks as I watch her take her last breath before my eyes...

I quickly sat up and tried to slow my breathing. I felt like I was panting. Did I seriously just dream that? I thought to myself as my heart rate went back to normal. It felt so real.

I had a thought in my head and quickly turned my head to find Renesmee still sleeping next to me. At least she's still breathing.

"Jacob? Are you okay?" I hear Renesmee ask me.

I look over to her face that shows concern and I smile at the thought of her worrying about me when it should be the other way around. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a nightmare...that felt so real."

"Let me guess. Does this nightmare involve me?"

"Yup. And I hope it doesn't become a reality."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'd rather not." I admit.

I feel her hand touch my arm and I instantly melt into the touch. "Alright. We should go back to sleep. It's only three in the morning." She says as she places her head on my chest.

Not only was I her husband, but I was her protector, her lover. And that's all I'll ever be to her.