Chapter 12: A Promise Meant to Be Kept: Jacob

Starset-It Has Begun

As I lay in bed, I think about the recent events that happened earlier. Renesmee kidnapped, Renesmee losing a lot of blood, the bite...

What have I done? I thought to myself as I placed my hands on my face and rubbed my eyes. I couldn't sleep because of it. Because of her...

I was lucky enough to get there and save her in time. I don't know what I would've done if I lost her. She's the most wonderful person in the whole world. She's the sun that shines so bright during my darkened days. Without her, my life would be just pitch black darkness.

"Jacob, it's Bella." Sam says as he appears in my room and gives me the door. What now? I thought as I took the phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi, Jake. It's Bella...in case you couldn't tell." She says.

"Trust me, I could tell."

"Right." She chuckles. I used to love her chuckles, but not anymore. "Anyway, it's about Renesmee. She's..."

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. When I saw her, she was sweating. Vampires don't sweat, do they?"

"Not that I know of. Why are you asking me? You're a vampire." I say, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I know, but I'm the new member of the family."

"Not anymore."

"Don't remind me." She says, unamused.

"Is she awake?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"Yeah, but..."

"I'm coming as soon as I can."

"But, Jacob..." She says, unable to finish her sentence due to the fact that I hung up on her.

I walked out of my room and placed the phone on the table, Sam and Emily watching my every move.

"Where are you going?" Sam asks me as I grab my jacket.

"I'm going to the Cullens to see Renesmee." I say.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Oh yeah? And why not?"

"She's sick. She's in no condition to see anyone."

"You're trying to keep me away from her."

"You're going to get sick if you go near her."

"I'm already sick!" I yell as I walked out and shut the door.

"Sick or not, nothing's going to stop me from seeing her." I mutter as I climb on my motorcycle.

" I mutter as I climb on my motorcycle