Chapter 13: Secret: Alice

OneRepublic-Secrets

I catch a glimpse of Renesmee strapped to a chair, unconscious. Jacob runs to her and holds a bag full of blood near her nose, but she doesn't respond. Then, I hear Jacob mutter an "I'm sorry" before biting her arm. I realize that he's giving her some wolf blood. His wolf blood. And that can only be one thing...

I snap my eyes open and take deep breaths before muttering, "She's a werewolf."

I felt movement next to me on the bed and look to find Jasper looking at me with concern, like he sensed that I had a dream.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say.

"Did you say something a few seconds ago?"

"No." I say, trying to convince him. I hate lying to him, but it's for Renesmee's safety.

"I could have sworn you said something." He says.

"Nope. I don't know what you're talking about. You must be hearing things."

He sighs in defeat and says, "I guess so."

I'm glad that he doesn't ask any more questions because honestly, I don't know how I would've answered them. With people asking me what happens after I have visions, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this one a secret.

*an hour later*

I find Renesmee walking down one of the long hallways in the house and I catch up to her.

"Hey, Renesmee. Can I talk to you?" I ask.

"Sure. What about?" She asks.

"I had this vision of you and Jacob."

"Me and Jacob? What about us?"

I hesitate for a moment, and when she notices, she places her hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, Alice. You can tell me anything." She says.

I give her a reassuring smile before I say, "It was when Jacob bit you."

"Oh, right. About that, I don't know why he bit me. He could've just let me die on that chair." She says.

"Renesmee, don't you get it? He bit you for a reason."

"And what's the reason?"

"He loves you."

"I already know that, Alice."

"No, I'm serious. He would do anything for you. If he didn't bite you, you would be dead by now. Better you becoming a werewolf than being dead." I say, a small smirk forming on my lips.

"Wait, so are you saying that..."

"Yup." I say and smile, resulting with Renesmee squealing and skipping away.

I'm glad that Jacob turned her. They'll be able to be together forever. I thought, my smile never leaving my face. Until I thought of one problem. What if the rest of the Cullens find out? What about the werewolves? And the Volturi? Oh no...

"Alice? Are you okay?" Bella asks as she interrupted my thoughts.

I try to smile and say, "Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you looked like you were seeing one of your visions and something bad happened."

"No. Nothing bad happened. In fact, I saw Jacob proposing to Renesmee." I lie. Although, not really. I think that eventually, he will ask her.

"Proposing to her? Like asking her to marry him?"

"Yup."

She chuckled before saying, "At least he's over me. Should I be happy about that?"

"Of course. You're married to Edward. Besides, this is what Renesmee and Jacob want. I know that Edward might struggle with it, but I know that you won't. Because you trust him."

"You're right. You even proved to Edward that they would end up together."

"Mothers worry. No need to worry about it."

"Yeah." She mutters before she walks away.

That was close. I thought as I sighed in relief.