"I gave her the day off. Needed something to keep myself busy."

"You mean to keep your mind off my brother."

Staring at her annoyed, I ask"Did you need something or do you just miss me that much?"

She chuckles,"Jay and I are going to the carnival tonight. You're coming."

"And be the third wheel while watching you two be nauseatingly lovey-dovey? No thank you."

She smirks evilly and i stiffen, not liking where this going. 

"Oh, you won't be the third wheel. Damien's coming too."

"He is?"

"Did I not mention it earlier? Hmm, I swear I did."she says, pretending to think deeply.

Glaring at her, I say,"Belle, I swear I'm gonna hang up on you."

"Ooh, no wonder my brother likes you. fiesty."

"Isabelle.." I say in a warning tone. She sighs,"uggh, you're no fun."

"Whatever. Anyway, have fun. I'm not coming."

"Avoiding my brother?"

"If I was avoiding him, I wouldn't have had lunch with him on Wednesday."

"And what about the rest of the week?"

"We were busy."

"Oh, come on. You guys used to hang out all the time and now you're busy?"

"Look, I'm not avoiding him. We've been spending so much time together that it would do us good to have some space. We both have our own lives you know."

"You're impossible, you know that. I swear the both of you are so completely oblivious. Avoiding him or spending less time with him isn't gonna make your feelings go away."

"What feelings?"

"Don't play dumb with me Al. I'm your best friend."

I sighed, hating that she could read me so easily.

"Okay, what time am I meeting you guys?"

"6.30. I'll ask Damien to pick you up."

"No, it's okay. I need a getaway car in case I can't stand you two."

She rolls her eyes at me."See you later, babe."

"Yeah, see ya." hanging up, I stare at the clock. It was only four in the evening so I had plenty of time to get ready. Deciding that I still about an hour to kill, I head to my hidden weapons room, deciding my guns could be cleaned. 

Cursing myself, I run out of my shower heading to my walk in closet. I got a little too engrossed in cleaning my guns that I lost track of time. It was already 6pm and given New York traffic, I was so gonna be late. Randomly I grabbed whatever pieces of clothing that my hands came across, not bothering to check if it even matched. {outfit at top} Quickly running  a hair brush through my hair, I throw it up into a high ponytail. Quickly dabbing on tinted moisturiser, I line my eyes with eyeliner and a layer of mascara. Dabbing a little nude lip gloss on my lips,and brushinh some highlighter on my cheekbones, I grab my bag, making sure everything I need is there. Grabbing my car keys, I dash out the door  into the elevator. Starting  my ignition, I glance at the clock on my dashboard, cursing when I realise that it's already 6.15pm. Revving my engine, I speed along the crowded streets of New York, swerving in and out of cars. In hindsight, I could have driven at a normal speed and arrived a little late but where's the fun in normal?

I reach the amusement park at 6.45pm, an achievement considering traffic and certain drivers who hogged the lanes. Just as I pull up in a lot, my car is mobbed by paparazzi. I curse when they recognise my car although in hindsight how many people drive a Lambhorghini Veneno and it didn't help that my car was parked right next to Damien's car. Luckily, my windows are heavily tinted but that did not deter them from pressing their camera lenses against my window and flashing away, hoping to get even a blurry picture. Just then, my phone rings and it's Jay.