Chapter 39. A Bait.

Start from the beginning

"Let him go...he is all I have. You have me now. I did what you asked." My voices cracks a bit as I trembled with fear and my gun raised in front of me.

The sound of the call being disconnected, makes me scream. I throw my phone away in anger and used both my hands to hold my gun.

"Timmy!!!" I yelled, moving forward.

I trip on something on the floor, but was able to adjust myself, preventing myself from falling face down.
"Timmy..." I screamed.

My throat felt scratchy.
The moments from my past kept playing in my head, from when I used to scream so much, my throat would get scratchy and closed up.

Shaking my head off, all my dreadful thoughts, I keeping walking further in the place.

Finding stairs at the far end, I immediately run to it, grabbing the railing and carefully climbing up.

It was dark but bright enough for me to make out the stairs and climb up, carefully.

Distant noises could be heard somewhere from the upstairs.
I quickened my steps and reached the end.

Staying still and calming my heavy breathing, I listen closely to make out where the noises were coming from.

I stumbled my way through the left corridor, hearing a muffled sound.

"Scarlett..." I hear Zaine's voice from somewhere, making me halt my steps.
"Come find us, darling..." He coos. His voice echoing throughout the ruins.

My lips tremble and a tear slipped down my left eye.
"Please...Don't do this.." I said in a whisper.

I was scared beyond imagination.

I could hardly see anything now. My shoes scruff against the floor with my hesitant steps. I had no idea where I was going.

I shriek when the sound of Pigeons flutter alarms me and raised my gun in their direction and pulled the trigger.
The sound of the gun fire echoed throughout the place.
I could smell the gun residue mixed into dust.

As if on cue, several noises could be heard around me. Without thinking twice, I fire the gun all around me.
When I hear the click of my empty gun, I gasped. Something cloth like drops on my head and my knees buckle under me, making me go down my knees.
I cry out louder trying to get that thing off of me. But the long end of that grimy cloth made it difficult for me.

When I successfully took the cloth off of me, I was blinded by the sudden light.
Closing my eyes, I blink several times, making out a long figure in the end of my vision.
I rub on my eyes and get on my feet again.

A muffled noise makes me frown just as I adjust to the brightness.

The colour drained off my face, and my breath hitched.
I stood still.
The cold creeps up my back and I fall onto my knees again.
I could hear myself breathe.

Stumbling on my knees I crawl forward, my palm hurting with the tiny stones protruding into my delicate skin.
"T-Timmy..." I yelled out.
A sudden burst of energy envelops me and I get back on my feet and ran towards my brother.