12. unfazed

Zayn P.O.V

I've lost people close to me in this lifetime more than anyone ever should. After a while you sort of just get used to it. Letting people go just becomes a skill.

Alina is the only one that I've felt like this for. So holding her in my arms unresponsive trying to stop a internal hemorrhage from happening. I've managed to remove the wooden stake from her stomach. There was so much blood everywhere I had no idea what to do.

I can't get Alina to respond to me, which is freaking me the fuck out, I've never had someone die on me. Especially someone I feel such an attachment for. For reasons I have yet to understand.

"C'mon love, you're stronger than this,you've got to wake up. We need to get you to a hospital and then you'll be taken care of."

"It hurts. . .so much. Fuck." Alina slurs then coughs spitting out blood. Great she must have pierced more internally than I thought.

"Hey, stay with me. You've done so much, to make it this far, just stay with me A." I murmur caressing her hair. Alina is not going to die on me. She deserves a more honorable death than this if anything. I owe this girl that much.

"I don't want to die without my parents here Zayn." She expresses vulnerably. I hear the fear and longing that feels like a power punch to my stomach. I didn't know what to do because what she wants something I clearly can't give her.

"Shut the fuck up Alina you're not dying love. At least not today on my watch." I growl holding her closer to me.

"Have something stab you through your stomach and then see if it doesn't feel like you're dying." Alina snaps grabbing onto my sleeve. She opens her eyes as much as she can to look into mine. There's seriousness in them, I have to admit that Alina's eyes, could make me lose myself in them.

"There's that spunk from the Alina I know." I tease despite our tense circumstances.

"What happened anyways?" Alina questions, before irrupting into a coughing fit, where she gushes more blood.

"Just focus on staying awake. Everything can be explained later." I say.

  I myself didn't know what is going on. For all I know we could possibly die right here. I have no knowledge of what's happening out there or who's cause this. One thing's clear is that someone here was targeted tonight. We got in the cross fire somehow.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Whoever did this, I want to be a part of the hunting party for sure. I could have died. Alina could have died.

Finally I hear doors open.

"Anyone in here need help?" A voice shouts. I immediately recognize Louis, and feel slightly at ease, knowing he's here to help.

"Lad over here!" I call out as loud as I could. I hear Louis shuffles through various destroyed shelves to reach where we are.

"Anyone hurt?" Louis asks but answers his own question when catching sight of Alina.

"Oh shit mate, she still here right?" Louis questions leaning down to press a finger to Alina's collar.