09. montgomery

Alina P.O.V

I once read a book called Wither, it's about a girl who lives in a futuristic future and
like I, had been captured to be with someone. It's ridiculous how much I can deeply relate to that poor girl now in the story. I've realized how for granted we girls take our freedom and future.

I never felt more alone than I do now in this moment. I was in London held captive and I literally had no one in case I could escape. This is scary. Deep rooted into the bones type of fear. Despite what he did I want Zayn to come back.

To get me and I don't even know, maybe take me with him. I'll go where ever he does and do whatever he wants. I don't understand why I feel the way I do. Everything inside of me felt this strange longing for him.

I look at myself in the mirror not recognizing this girl. I feel like I look like a beaten up zombie under all this makeup. It's much too dark for my taste honestly but I keep my mouth shut.  Even as the girl doing my makeup tried making small talk.

"I can tell you're a California girl. This tan love is something to die for." She says while brushing glittery powder over my collarbones. I tune her out focusing on how I look.

My usually wavy curls were now straighten sleek. The color is also different since they dyed it jet black. I didn't really get a say in anything so I just sat there letting them pluck and pin at me. I felt like they were aiming to make me look older than I was. With all of this on I could pass for 25 but I'm only 17. I'm a fucking child bride. Maybe for some creepy old bastard.

"Love you're going to ruin that beautiful highlight on your cheeks." The girl says stoping whatever she's doing to place both hands on my shoulders. She squeezes them warmly but that makes my blood boil instead of feeling comfort.

"Makeup is the least of my problems right now." I snap wiping at my cheeks hastily.

"I use to be like you, you know? Well you don't know but yeah. I sat in the same chair once." The girl offers a small whimsical smile.

I take a look at her then. Like really look at her.

Her hair was a beautiful brown and pink ombré. The color of her eyes were blue but they sparkled and were full of life. There was fullness in her cheeks and limbs. She's beautiful if anything but she also looks like she was a child just like me. If you really look underneath all the hair and makeup you could tell that she couldn't be a year or two older than me.

I frown at the thought. How did she end up in this spot? I'm being sold to someone whilst this girl is doing my makeup. Was there some type of loophole to getting out of being sold to someone?

"I'm infertile thanks to my lovely genetics and the man who wanted to buy me didn't want that. So I had to be put to use somehow. Luckily I know how to makeup and makeovers really well so here I am." She explained quietly. By the tone in her voice that it was a bittersweet thing for her to be infertile.

"How long have you been here?" I asked her.

"About a year now." She answers.

She offered her hand for me to shake and I take it.

"Names Perrie Edwards love, you?" She introduced herself offering a smile.