The move

(Sherlock's p.o.v)
I sat opposite him, I was blocking out all distraction in a then feeble attempt to read John Watson. I looked at his expression, his eyes, his posture, his mannerisms, checked his reactions, his speech. All of which confirmed what I'd assumed. He'd written in my diary that he didn't want me to make any assumptions about his feelings for me, that had been taken into account.
"Come to a conclusion?" He finally said. I nodded, he tilted his head, I told him what I thought
"Why didn't you just tell me" I said, with a smirk
"I can't read you, or observe your feelings, how was I to know you wanted a not entirely platonic relationship?"
I shrugged, my brain was worked double, trying to figure out his next move, maybe I should've been able to.
His arm snaked around me waist, and he pulled me into his lap
"You weigh nothing!"
"Why am I on you lap, doctor" I asked, somewhat teasingly. He laughed, and told me honestly that he didn't know, but it seemed to work on girls.
"Did it occur to you that I'm not a girl?"
"Should I put you down?" he replied, disappointed
"I didn't say that" I said, and leant into his chest. He relaxed into the sofa we sat on, and I curled up a little in his arms.
I didn't know why this was happening, what it would lead to, but I knew I didn't object, and knew it couldn't be bad being held in the arms of my army doctor. The world stopped dead as I fell asleep entwined in the body of the man I loved most. Wow, I wasn't expecting that..

I didn't know how long I'd been thinking, but he eventually stirred and woke up. I smiled as he looked at me, tired.. but relieved to have me protecting him. The ecstasy of the situation melted into a warm contentment as a cuddled closer to John. After months of admiring from a far, in the span of an hour, he was mine.
Sudden, yes.
Confusing, yes
Perfection.. naturally