Slow Dancing in the Dark

Based on the song Slow Dancing in the Dark by Joji

Third Person's POV...

The smell of the wood wick candle crackling in the hallway is being pushed away, as their senses are paying no mind to anything but each other.

She glides her hand past down his pecs, resting on his abdomen for a moment before traveling even further down, creeping into the waistband of his black Calvin Kleins. He grabs her jaw and stares into her eyes, their gaze telling each other the words they desperately want to say, but can't anymore. He pulls her to him, lips locking and hearts beating.

Whispering, "Don't let this be the last time," he pleads between kisses, "please." Henry flips them over so that she's straddling his waist, her hair falling and perfectly framing her beautiful face. He takes a long look at her and slowly cups her cheeks with his large hands, her face tenderly melting into the comfort of his palms. "This doesn't have to be the last time."

Y/N's eyes squeeze shut as the hopefulness of his words push the reality and pain of their situation into her heart. "You know we can't anymore. This is so wrong."

"If we love each other then how is this wrong?"

She takes his hands off of her face and moves her hair so that it falls on her back. She steps out of bed and puts on his shirt that she ripped off of him and threw on the floor just minutes prior. Before getting back into bed, she takes notice of the picture frame face-down on the nightstand, and her heart cracks a little more.

With her back against the headboard, she plays with the loose string on the shirt, answering painfully, "I'm in you and your wife's bed, Henry."

He takes ahold of her hands and intertwines their fingers as he sits up and positions himself so that he's on the front of his legs. "I'm going to leave her. I just need time."

"You've been saying that for a year now. I left Jared months ago, and yet for some reason you're still married."

Henry nods his head. "I know baby. I know. I know it doesn't make sense but I just can't leave her right now."

Y/N snatches her hands from his and frustratedly rubs her face as she shakes her head. "But why? You say you love me and that you haven't loved her for years. Why is it so hard for you to just leave?"

"Baby she's going through a lot with her family. Her dad is in the hospital, you know this." He tries to make this situation better, but he knows how hard this is for her. It's hard for him too.

Y/N sits there for a moment as her thoughts plague her mind. Abruptly, she stands up from bed again and takes his shirt off. He watches her worriedly as she shuffles around the room picking up the clothes they flung around when they arrived. "Love, what are you-"

"I don't wanna be here anymore. I don't wanna do this anymore." She cries, gesturing to the room they occupy. "I don't wanna have to fall asleep in the sheets another woman bought, and roll over to see wedding photos that aren't mine. Don't you get that Henry?"

While saying this, Y/N is throwing her clothes on, paying no mind to her backwards shirt and inside-out leggings. Henry notices her disheveled state and wants to smile at how cute she looks, but the severity of this conversation stops any ounce of happiness from emerging.

He rushes out of bed as she unlocks the bedroom door and quickly disappears into the hallway. "Y/N, wait!" He chases after her and catches up to her on the stairs. She tells him to leave her alone, but he has a hard time doing things he doesn't wanna do, so when they reach the bottom of the staircase he carefully pins her against the wall.

"She doesn't deserve this. Jared didn't deserve it either. That's why I divorced him."

Henry furrows his eyebrows and scrunches his nose as his eyes start to burn with tears. "But I love you. I don't love her. I love you Y/N, I do. I swear it. Please just... let's go for a walk and cool off and-"

She cuts him off by smashing her lips against his. He relaxes into the smoothness of her lips. Henry runs his hands over the top of her hair so that he can cup the back of her head as they share this kiss. This kiss that he doesn't know will be their last for a while.

Henry is so enthralled by the magic her touch has on him, that he doesn't at first notice her hands pulling his off of her. Y/N steps away and grabs her purse that she left on the grey couch when she arrived. "Don't leave Y/N." Henry pleads.

"Call me when the divorce is final."

And with those final words, she leaves the house he shares with his wife, and descends down the front steps as his cries for her seem to echo throughout the neighborhood.

——————————

Hey guys! It's been so long since I've updated omg

I lost inspiration from writing, I'll be honest. But I'm taking a creative writing class so my writers block has been lifted!

I didn't spell check this at all so I'm sorry for any typos. I also typed this super fast.

The idea was better in my head.

I'll try to write more in the upcoming days. I have so many new ideas that I can't wait to share with you all <3